Second Skin Audio

need to be louder than my last setup

ok so back in january i crashed my 02 dodge dakota, insurance totaled it and payed it off, now im buying another dodge dakota and this one is a 2005.

my radio, speakers, battery, wiring and all of that stuff that was in my old dakota will fit into this one, the only thing im not sure on is the subs.

i was running 2 AQ sdc2.5 15's off a AQ1200D in my old dakota, and before i crashed it i was planning a wall build to do 4 sa-12's on a AQ2200D. but im looking at the extended cab portion of this newer dakota and its a bit smaller then my old one, but at the same time i still want to be louder then my last setup... i think my max safe dimensions are 45 wide, 15 deep (i could go deeper but i like my leg room) and anywhere up to 35" high.

i still plan on running the AQ 2200D amp, but i dunno what to do about subs. my only requirement is that it fits into those dimensions, and gets louder then my last setup.

any suggestions on what i should do?

ohh and i forgot to add, i pretty much listen to rap, specifically decaf's music 90% of the time, the other 10% would be rock/metal

the one idea i was toying around with was a IA DP 21" but i dont know if that would be louder than my last setup, i really dont have alot of extra money so i cant just buy something and find out it isnt gonna be loud enough.

Edited by curtdakota

Assuming you have the proper space and electrical to support the DP21 and AQ2200, it should be louder. More cone area I believe, n more power. Did you ever have your old system metered? That would help with picking something that could get louder :)

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Assuming you have the proper space and electrical to support the DP21 and AQ2200, it should be louder. More cone area I believe, n more power. Did you ever have your old system metered? That would help with picking something that could get louder :)

they have roughly the same cone area..the DP21 has 346 sq inches and the 2 15's have 353 sq inches, so there practically equal in cone area, but power will be double, and the box will be 8.5 cubes after displacements using all my space, so i have the room for it, and i have a kinetic hc2000 under the hood and will have a dc power HO alt, so ill have to electrical to support it, i just dont know how much louder it would be, i always hear that more cone area is better than more power, which scares me in this situation cause the cone area is about the same.

i never got my old setup metered, but it did seem pretty loud, i do have a video of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM5oZI0Q4PA&feature=channel_video_title

Did you like the AQ subs? If so y not the hdc3s?

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

Do a wall with 2 Fi BL 18's They will match closely to your amp and get way loud, if you have funds for more power I would suggest pretty much any good brand 18's, DC, DD, AA, Fi, and more! But then your looking at atleast 1 of your amps for each of those woofers. :) Keep us informed.

P.S. Remember the enclosure matters far more than the woofer, I have seen the smallest woofer have tremendous output in the perfect enclosure. Design is key!

06 GP GXP

Google Nexus 7 16gb

Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.3

*Electrical*

DC Power 320a HP

2 - Juicebox Bananas g31

Stinger SPP2250 rear

Kinetik HC1800 side of wall

Optima Red Top front

Monster Cable 1/0, 2 runs to rear

Monster Cable 1/0 Big 3

2-Rockford Fosgate T1652S's

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford Fosgate T40001bd (4693rms @1ohm)

4-Sundown SA-15 D2's wired @ 1ohm/These are on the way out for 4 one off Eminent Audio 15's

15.2 cubes net tuned @34hz! Walled off

DBdrag official 151.6db @46hz

GXP Build log!:GP GXP Walled

Quality is the sign of a true enthusiast!

Refs: Link to leave more: http://www.stevemead...91#entry1603091

Bought from: Trippi (RF T2500bd, T1000-4),bre2ts (25ft Knu 1/0)

Sold to: shmew22 (T1500bdCP), Rev. Wrath (RF 3SIXTY.1), trjohnst (Knu 1/0, 3 fuse holders), Enemyofsilence (Audio Technix, RF T400-4).

i liked the AQ's but i want to try something different now, they really didnt hit the lows as hard as i would of liked, i dont have enough air space for 2 18's in a proper box.

i think im over analyzing this anyway, its been like 5 months since ive had any bass, so to be honest even if the DP 21 is just as loud, i would still be impressed because to be honest i dont really remember how loud my old system was.

Plus you'd have the WOW factor of a 21" subwoofer, and it would kill the lows if the enclosure is right :)

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

i liked the AQ's but i want to try something different now, they really didnt hit the lows as hard as i would of liked, i dont have enough air space for 2 18's in a proper box.

i think im over analyzing this anyway, its been like 5 months since ive had any bass, so to be honest even if the DP 21 is just as loud, i would still be impressed because to be honest i dont really remember how loud my old system was.

According to your max dimensions you have about 13^3ft of airspace not subtracting bracing, woofers, and porting. That is more than enough for 2 - Fi BL 18's which need between 5-10^3ft of airspace. I would say try and make it work. INSANE Cone area, or go with the DP 21 as I am a fan of them.

06 GP GXP

Google Nexus 7 16gb

Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.3

*Electrical*

DC Power 320a HP

2 - Juicebox Bananas g31

Stinger SPP2250 rear

Kinetik HC1800 side of wall

Optima Red Top front

Monster Cable 1/0, 2 runs to rear

Monster Cable 1/0 Big 3

2-Rockford Fosgate T1652S's

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford Fosgate T40001bd (4693rms @1ohm)

4-Sundown SA-15 D2's wired @ 1ohm/These are on the way out for 4 one off Eminent Audio 15's

15.2 cubes net tuned @34hz! Walled off

DBdrag official 151.6db @46hz

GXP Build log!:GP GXP Walled

Quality is the sign of a true enthusiast!

Refs: Link to leave more: http://www.stevemead...91#entry1603091

Bought from: Trippi (RF T2500bd, T1000-4),bre2ts (25ft Knu 1/0)

Sold to: shmew22 (T1500bdCP), Rev. Wrath (RF 3SIXTY.1), trjohnst (Knu 1/0, 3 fuse holders), Enemyofsilence (Audio Technix, RF T400-4).