Second Skin Audio

need to be louder than my last setup

Plus you'd have the WOW factor of a 21" subwoofer, and it would kill the lows if the enclosure is right :)

Why would a 21 have anything to do with lows?

It is a stigma people have with bigger woofers, they assume the bigger the woofer, the louder lower notes get. While typically true it is for a completely different reason. Which is partially caused by mechanical advantage/disadvantage. :drinks: Just enjoy bass!

06 GP GXP

Google Nexus 7 16gb

Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.3

*Electrical*

DC Power 320a HP

2 - Juicebox Bananas g31

Stinger SPP2250 rear

Kinetik HC1800 side of wall

Optima Red Top front

Monster Cable 1/0, 2 runs to rear

Monster Cable 1/0 Big 3

2-Rockford Fosgate T1652S's

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford Fosgate T40001bd (4693rms @1ohm)

4-Sundown SA-15 D2's wired @ 1ohm/These are on the way out for 4 one off Eminent Audio 15's

15.2 cubes net tuned @34hz! Walled off

DBdrag official 151.6db @46hz

GXP Build log!:GP GXP Walled

Quality is the sign of a true enthusiast!

Refs: Link to leave more: http://www.stevemead...91#entry1603091

Bought from: Trippi (RF T2500bd, T1000-4),bre2ts (25ft Knu 1/0)

Sold to: shmew22 (T1500bdCP), Rev. Wrath (RF 3SIXTY.1), trjohnst (Knu 1/0, 3 fuse holders), Enemyofsilence (Audio Technix, RF T400-4).

Plus you'd have the WOW factor of a 21" subwoofer, and it would kill the lows if the enclosure is right :)

It is a stigma people have with bigger woofers, they assume the bigger the woofer, the louder lower notes get. While typically true it is for a completely different reason. Which is partially caused by mechanical advantage/disadvantage. :drinks: Just enjoy bass!

I know that... I was wondering what he would say.

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

8's..

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Lower Frequency Response does play a little bit of a factor in the lows. A woofer with a FS of 30 hertz will play the tone better/ more efficiently than a woofer with a FS of 45 hertz.

Lower Frequency Response does play a little bit of a factor in the lows. A woofer with a FS of 30 hertz will play the tone better/ more efficiently than a woofer with a FS of 45 hertz.

True, but this is blown way out of proportion... and people will forever think that an 18 can't keep up with a triple bass pedal.

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

True, but this is blown way out of proportion... and people will forever think that an 18 can't keep up with a triple bass pedal.

That's the real stigma people have. If anything, it's exactly opposite. Proper enclosure, proper power, and an amp that can actually keep up with double bass pedal I'd put my money on an 18 playing rock music better than a 10 any day.

ok so i have it narrowed down to the BL 18's or a IA DP 21, now i know the 18's would be louder, im just looking at the space in the back of the truck thinking no way its gonna happen, i mean cubic foot wise i have enough, but physical space is where im concerned. if i put the 2 18's facing forward, i would have no room to do port on top because the 2 18's would take up the whole front of the box leaving no room for the port.

if i could find a way to make the 2 18's work that would be sick.. and cost about as much as the dp 21, maybe a bit more.

my max dimensons are 45 wide, 15 deep and 35 high, so that is only 11 cubes before any displacements, which isnt enough for a proper box with 2 18's. i may just have to go with the 21.

Edited by curtdakota

try firing both 18s fwd & center slot port firing up :drink40: .

i just did some quick calculating, width wise, it would be very very close, i have MAX 47 inches to work with, and if i do center port on top and the 2 18's on the front, that only leaves 1 inch on either side to spare, cause the port has to be 9 inches wide to get enough port area,

the specs im coming up with are 10.37 cubes after displacements, with 130 sq inches of port area which figures out to be 12.58 sq inches per cube.

so if i do the 18's i would be running them bare minimum as far as enclosure specs go... if proper i would like to do like 14 cubes and alot more port area.

everyone has told me that if you try to stuff 2 18's in a small box, you would be better off to go with 15's in a proper enclosure.