Foreverbumpn and Resko1 rebuilt woofers reviewed, blown, and tore apart!

to all the people that are blaming the motor/coil what ever, I ran a cvr 12'' at 2ohm on a 2500 gain set to 2500 and I never blew it up. I ran it that way for a month and a half. it's not hard to know when your past limits and turn it down. I'm going with user error on blowing them. but both recones have down points on them. neither should have blown from the fualts though

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All that weight is the top plate width and thickness

Thats terrible lol, surprised they don't use lead in there as well if they're doing that.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Thought this wasn't a bash thread?

I dont know how old they are in all honesty. Bottom line, read my post, in my thread, my defense

I haven't had those motors in a long time, my old job sold out a long time ago. The coils slinkying up falling apart is not from me or Resko, hell, they are from the same coil company Fi and Sundown gets there coils from.

The 18s I used were low end low Fs subwoofers, NOT SPL woofers

Looking like these woofers went through 3 customers before you got them too ?

I already posted in my thread about how I accidentally missed a bottom glue bead on those. I wasnt thinking, opps...

That was only a month ago?? Iam not being dishonest hell, I build speakers every day, its hard to pin point single speaker sale

I just cant remember selling those recently. I will say within 1 year since I got those shocker stickers about a year ago

Anyways... nice thread

Resko posted they are cheap chinese TC Sound coils he used in the ma motors. which is what he posted on my facebook.

If these coils are comming from the same place as Fi/and sundown, why did I have no issue with the BLs for over a week of street beating. but both these woofers went bad in minutes. Just odd to me, considering the dials on the amp where never touched and still under half on the gain, no bassboost, and a ssf around 22hz

I am not saying you are dishonest. but somethings did not add up.

These subs where sold from that basshead08 on caco to bass14, bass14 decided to go a different route before using the woofers and sold the woofers to Jesse CapallaSS the same week, without ever using them either. Sunday of the same week Jesse came to a comp at our shop, and loaned me the woofers, and they blew up mighty fast.

IMO whoever would of used the subs would of smoked them quickly since we where all going to put a saz4500 on the subs.

Again, I am not asking for a warranty or parts to fix them or anything of that sorts.

I just thought you would of done a better job then what you did. So I made a review. like the many reviews I made in the past.

okay so you say that the ma motors are 2000 rms so thats 4000 wrms

knowing full a head of time that the ma motors are weak and dont have the proper cooling you go and put over 6000 rms on them..

in my eyes you blem them from strictly operator error and also being the first time with any sorts of power on them you push 6000 through them..wow

and yes the bl are only 1000 wrms subs but those subs have been played im guessing for atleast a couple weeks or even months allowing spiders to loosen up and glue joints to be stretched out and bonded properly to the spiders and basket

in my eyes this is a bash thread..just my .02

Please explain to me how I was pushing 6000rms on these subs from a 4500wrms amp, that had a rise to about 3.7 and about 1948watts rms clamped after impedance rise...

The woofers that foreverbumpn built I did not clamp for power and rise. Also the woofers that resko1 built where broke in for a few weeks wired with the coils series and the subs paralleled together at 3ohms

to all the people that are blaming the motor/coil what ever, I ran a cvr 12'' at 2ohm on a 2500 gain set to 2500 and I never blew it up. I ran it that way for a month and a half. it's not hard to know when your past limits and turn it down. I'm going with user error on blowing them. but both recones have down points on them. neither should have blown from the fualts though

Shouldnt you be getting banned on caco again??

I will take pics of my wall of coil boxes lol

All Precision Econowind

Only thing I ever bought from China is HID kits

On my 2" coil stuff, The coils I get from my recone vendor. I dont know where they get those coils from

The coil used is a 2"ww 8 layer flat alum wire, on aluminum former, it should have been well able to handle 2500rms+

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

op seems like all he does is call people out.

I lets see; JP, RF, now these two.

and look how butt hurt he gets when some one doesn't believe it's the subs that HE blew

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

I am not doubting where you get your parts from.

It is resko1 that said he got the cones from you, and he gets a lot of his parts from you, and that he used cheap chinese tc sound coils.

Im still baffled how the subs couldnt last a couple of short burps and a 30second bassrace run on music averaging a 148ish db.

The coils deffenitly got very hot and the glue let go and boom goes the Slinky.

With both woofers did I have a somewhat big amp on the woofers yes! After impedance rise was it 6000rms like claimed, lol no. Some people dont know about impedance rise.

Do I feel a speaker rated at 1800rms or even 1000rms should of lasted a few short runs, yes I do. You look at any other company you will see their woofers taking 4+ times their amounted power for burps, or bassrace runs, without failure.

Obviously id think that if I can streetbeat the bls for a bit over a week with the same setup, these other woofers should have lasted a couple 30second runs and a few 147-150db burps.

I admitted my flaw/mistake.

If the bottom of the spider didn't have a glue bead, or when I coned the sub, and the sub pressed down the spider, while coning, then thats on me.

So when I tested the sub with 500w, it probably wasn't enough power to make the problem noticeable.

While coning the woofers if the cone moved the spider about a 1/4" well, that offset the coil height too

On my side, I see what happened.

But from how Iam hearing, these 18s went through 4 hands. What can I do? ya know?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

He doesn't buy parts from me lol. One time he did. I gave up my vendors, because he wanted to buy more than I could sell to him, for the price he wanted

He doesn't get coils from me

And cheap TC coils? that sounds really weird. I have a few TC coils in the garage, all made in Florida.

sundown.jpg

I admitted my flaw/mistake.

If the bottom of the spider didn't have a glue bead, or when I coned the sub, and the sub pressed down the spider, while coning, then thats on me.

So when I tested the sub with 500w, it probably wasn't enough power to make the problem noticeable.

While coning the woofers if the cone moved the spider about a 1/4" well, that offset the coil height too

On my side, I see what happened.

But from how Iam hearing, these 18s went through 4 hands. What can I do? ya know?

I totally understand that. hence why I am not asking for you to warranty these subs or any thing of this nature..

Suposivly these subs where never used. I know Bass14 aka John who bought them from Basshead08, and then sold them to CapallaSS aka Jesse both havent used these woofers, nor did they even have time to build a box for them.

However I do know that we where told that they where recently fresh reconed and never seen power from the seller, which I found was not true looking at the properties of the pictures you took. (d0 you see why I looked at the pictures now). Which makes me wonder if the original poster actually used them and said they where fresh recones.. See what Im getting at?

I fucked up a friends woofers, which now I have to fix. If I didnt think they would handle the power I wouldnt of used them, but judging from how the Bls did and that you have done nice work in the past Id figure it be fine.

Basshead swore up and down he didn't use em before I bought em, although I send em a link to this thread when it was started. So he could see it and he won't respond. So I guess whoo knows. Maybe I was lied to during the original sale. Hard to say now I guess...but I would say it possible after seeing the woofers cut apart.

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Archived