Foreverbumpn and Resko1 rebuilt woofers reviewed, blown, and tore apart!

I know both Travis and Ken and they do great work. Those coils Ken has are from the same place everyone else gets their coils from including myself which is PE. Good in car reviews, all these subs are different and will yield different results specially on rated or on over the rated power.

Team S.S.C.

DB Drag Street A 2011 National Champ

DC Audio Dealer

Nor Cal AA Dealer

Incriminator Audio Dealer

CA Sundown Audio Dealer

[email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is quite bullshit and its because of this i will no longer be offering rebuilds to the general public. I told you brian. 1500rms tops. You had them wired to 3.6 ohms and for a week you clipped them with that bass slider you have on your eq that you use for a gain control. then at the show you wire the pair to .8 ohms on a saz 4500d and go to town full tilt and expect them woofers i specifically built for 1500 rms MAX each to handle over 3k? And yes, a saz4500d produces over 6k @1 ohm 14.4v and i know your voltage doesnt drop under 14 at full tilt.

Nobody said they were yours, or were going in your tahoe. they were built for another local guy to handle 1500ea max and to reach full excursion at 1500. No wonder why you cooked them. And if it wasnt for the super heavy epoxy job you would have tore them to shreads.

As for 3 motor bolts, it was sufficient. those motors dont weight more then 15# each. And the fact if i would have had more time and not been rushed to have them built i could have gotten glue joints more precise and had 6 bolts on there but when you have 2 guys calling and texting constantly about them i just wanted them out the door. People have no patience or respect.

So with that said. Anybody who was interested in a build can look elsewhere cause im done.

04 Chrysler Sebring

Stinger

C&D Technologies

Alpine

Infinity/cdt

Zapco

TC Sounds custom subs

seems like it turned into a 3 custom woofer builders VS audiofanatics thread

i remember the mike singer amp comparison and i know the saz 4500 did what like 5400rms, not sure what his voltage was i think 13, so i do think the 6 at 14.4 would be legit

anyways, nice read either way the thread goes, lol

This is quite bullshit and its because of this i will no longer be offering rebuilds to the general public. I told you brian. 1500rms tops. You had them wired to 3.6 ohms and for a week you clipped them with that bass slider you have on your eq that you use for a gain control. then at the show you wire the pair to .8 ohms on a saz 4500d and go to town full tilt and expect them woofers i specifically built for 1500 rms MAX each to handle over 3k? And yes, a saz4500d produces over 6k @1 ohm 14.4v and i know your voltage doesnt drop under 14 at full tilt.

Nobody said they were yours, or were going in your tahoe. they were built for another local guy to handle 1500ea max and to reach full excursion at 1500. No wonder why you cooked them. And if it wasnt for the super heavy epoxy job you would have tore them to shreads.

As for 3 motor bolts, it was sufficient. those motors dont weight more then 15# each. And the fact if i would have had more time and not been rushed to have them built i could have gotten glue joints more precise and had 6 bolts on there but when you have 2 guys calling and texting constantly about them i just wanted them out the door. People have no patience or respect.

So with that said. Anybody who was interested in a build can look elsewhere cause im done.

I wouldn't let one jackass stop you from doing what you are obviously good at.

Just my .02

C9C4C3E8-3F69-494B-94BC-C53A89C67B7F-832

767908B5-3C29-4973-945F-BFBBA1D2C64C-832

I wouldn't let one jackass stop you from doing what you are obviously good at.

Just my .02

He's actually a friend of mine. Its not just this, i really dont have time anymore for the amount of builds people want. i could take on 1 or 2 a month tops now. I have a 14mo old and another on the way. Im not gonna have time for anything. I was debating it for a little while now but i've had people turn away from builds now because of this. so ive decided to close down business to everyone but friends who need a recone.

04 Chrysler Sebring

Stinger

C&D Technologies

Alpine

Infinity/cdt

Zapco

TC Sounds custom subs

i dont honestly understand how someone rushing anyone warrants only using half the screws

Because i would have had time to go buy the bolts needed. Its not like i can just jump in the car and go. I have kids and im the only one home till the wife gets home at 3. Then im off to my job. Its difficult to get things done and its the reason a single pair can take me a week or 2. Not to mention waiting on parts. If there was patience, Matt would have had 8 layer fw alum coils with triple walled formers but him and John needed them like yesterday so i used a pair of 4 layer roundwound tc coils (used in revo and tc2000 series). either way i really dont care. Their are many happy customers of mine out there. And they all know if there was ever something wrong with craftsmanship or within normal operating means, they have free service. Regardless if its a repair or full rebuild.

These woofers audiofanaticz has will NOT be repaired under any warranty after i specifically told him they wont handle the saz4500d at 1 ohm. over 3k is way beyond its cooling capacity. Therefore is why the coils failed, AND ONLY the coils failed.

three bolts, 6 bolts, dont matter with a lightweight motor as long as the bolts are secure. obviously you wouldnt use 3 bolts with a 4hp motor.

04 Chrysler Sebring

Stinger

C&D Technologies

Alpine

Infinity/cdt

Zapco

TC Sounds custom subs

Have had forevrbumpn build me multiple pairs of 18" subs as well as 15" subs. I have never had a problem with his work. Very good subs at a very good price. 151@30hz with 4000 watts and having no issues with the current subs in my car and have way better sound q than most other subs 18" subs out there. I had him build the subs with a low fs and also tuned my box low. looks like these subs were built with a low fs, also looks like someone had there box tuned higher than the freqs. they are burping. having a really stiff spider can compensate for playing below tuning but at a sacrafice to the fs of the driver. soft surround???? didnt realize surround causes coil failure. sounds like a thick surround is a crutch when playing your subs past its limits. Ken is a good woofer builder who other builders tap for ideas, slow your roll. This is a bash thread no matter how you do it. BTW how much did they cost? and comparing these subs to mayhems is ricockulous! 1000 dollar subs vs 400 dollars subs and expecting the exact same is dumb ditty dumb. Also if the subs was speced to play spl fbumpn would have speced in tighter spiders. The speaker would have been hard as hell to push... one other thing the subs changed hands multiple times and no one powered them till you? Sounds fishy scooby doo!

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

i dont honestly understand how someone rushing anyone warrants only using half the screws

Because i would have had time to go buy the bolts needed. Its not like i can just jump in the car and go. I have kids and im the only one home till the wife gets home at 3. Then im off to my job. Its difficult to get things done and its the reason a single pair can take me a week or 2. Not to mention waiting on parts. If there was patience, Matt would have had 8 layer fw alum coils with triple walled formers but him and John needed them like yesterday so i used a pair of 4 layer roundwound tc coils (used in revo and tc2000 series). either way i really dont care. Their are many happy customers of mine out there. And they all know if there was ever something wrong with craftsmanship or within normal operating means, they have free service. Regardless if its a repair or full rebuild.

These woofers audiofanaticz has will NOT be repaired under any warranty after i specifically told him they wont handle the saz4500d at 1 ohm. over 3k is way beyond its cooling capacity. Therefore is why the coils failed, AND ONLY the coils failed.

three bolts, 6 bolts, dont matter with a lightweight motor as long as the bolts are secure. obviously you wouldnt use 3 bolts with a 4hp motor.

i personally would always use all the needed screws instead of halfassing somethign myself. I rather somethign be late and great, then presented half assed and have excuses for it.

Archived