what numbers to expect from one 12w7??

I have a 2005 f150 supercrew with one 12w7 in a custom ported box upfired to jl specs. The sub is powered by a 1000/1 slash v2 amp. I have a 250 alt and all electrical is 0 gauge. my question is what range should i prolly hit on the meter? Ive never did a comp with this setup and just wondering what it might hit around before the comp gets here sunday

depends you could do 120 if you don't know what your doing, or some one who is an expert can get 150 out of it.

db's mean nothing really

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

depends you could do 120 if you don't know what your doing, or some one who is an expert can get 150 out of it.

db's mean nothing really

u mean know what ur doing by controling the volume and knowing when to blast it?

No one can really tell you what ur going to hit, it could be anywhere from 137-140 thats a big vehicle for just 1 sub. maybe a lil higher but u'll just have to test and find out.

Edited by cubs_fan0718

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

190 dB. New world record. On music. All day.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

do u turn the sub level on the headunit up the whole way? and do i use my bass boast control knob?

If you're looking to keep your sub in good condition, leave "Bass" on the headunit at 0 and turn down bass boost on the amp to 0. Also, set your gains with an oscilloscope (or at least a digital multimeter)

If it's not loud enough for you when set properly, then you've caught the disease and will have to upgrade equipment. Don't worry, it happens to all of us :drinks:

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

do u turn the sub level on the headunit up the whole way? and do i use my bass boast control knob?

If you're looking to keep your sub in good condition, leave "Bass" on the headunit at 0 and turn down bass boost on the amp to 0. Also, set your gains with an oscilloscope (or at least a digital multimeter)

If it's not loud enough for you when set properly, then you've caught the disease and will have to upgrade equipment. Don't worry, it happens to all of us :drinks:

lol aw man i guess i need to get a couple of 12w7s then lol this setup i love for listening to everyday on music but when i want to blast it it aint as loud as i want but i reckon i just need to go ahead and buy another sub and amp and be done with it lol