Sonic Electronix

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/realestnigga/

Check out the photos of my system here :D

And let me describe what you will see in the pix.

The full specs of my system are

Kenwood MP4036u H/U

2 Pioneer 6/9 mids

2 6.5 mids under the seats (not in the pix)

2 tweeters at the pillars beside the front seats

1 Sony Xplod L120P5H 1000w hooked with an Almani 600 watt amp

Thats pretty much all for it

The box is actually made of cardboard you can see that it is a box of a vacuum cleaner :P but i have added wooden braces from the outside to sstop it flexing. I had two pieces of chipboard so i cut them and made the port with it Its quite light and it flexes quite a lot which wastes much power but still it works quite well. I get door flex with this sub and box. Also inside the mirror and anything on the dashboard starts shaking when it plays. It can handle very low frequencies quite well although it isnt designed for it. That pretty much all of my system. I am planning to build a proper wooden enclosure for it once my holidays start. I'll keep you guys updated on it :D

Edited by small2woofers482

lmfao.

damm and i thought i built crappy box's.

a cheap prefab would have been better..

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

wow... that is awesome!!!! u gotta start somewhere bro! u can ONLY go up from here!! :good:

Thank you very much brother i'll be upgrading my sub amp and box very soon. Its just that all these things are really very very expensive so its hard to save up. The box will cost around 2500 and a 12" sub will be about 6500. But i have got some money to spend on it so i'll be doing it in the holidays very soon.

lmfao.

damm and i thought i built crappy box's.

a cheap prefab would have been better..

Yeah man its just about the fun in doing experiments. Why I didnt build a wooden box is that if it had gone wrong all my money and wood would have been wasted so i took out the box of the vacuum cleaner from the store and made a hole in it and then added braces with some wood i already had and there you go. It sounds and feels really loud when it plays so whats better than that. I didnt spend any money on it and it still works well. But i'll be upgrading to a wooden box shortly. Its always good to do experiments as you always get to learn something new from them.

$6500 for a sub? Either you have found the worlds most expensive 12" sub or you forgot the decimal....I say the latter considering the $2500 box

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical