A quick look at what I have been playing with recently, thanks to j Royce and mazdawg for helping me get hold of these bad boy 18” subs thanks to matt for the batteries and my family of streetbassers you know who you are for being at the end of the phone day and night I called and got the most help .so thanks guys, big shout to (kerian) (lee Celica) ( ben ) (Alex)( Mega heavy bass) and anyone else I forgot to mention for helping me when I was at purecarma setting amp up before I blew one through vibrations.

This was done over 3 weeks but only working when not at work so some long mornings before and after work, roughly 10 day proper work out of 3 weeks.

just posting these pictures up until i get a chance to put the rest up.

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

The cab is just over 5.91cft per sub tuned to 26.99 hz after all bracing is taken out, I have an arched loading area above port which is around 3 cft plus .my loading area has a large flange 31” at its widest point 22“inner then 8” height. Had been running around with both subs wired as a 2ohm load until the blown amp came back, all I can say is vibration is a killer because less than 2 weeks of receiving amp back the second one went. Got it fixed yes vibration again on other amp, more pictures soon.

A few more pics of the build all dry fit until I was sure; I was doing what I wanted with this build. All done with a dislocated shoulder which is still painful and I still don’t have much good movement with the bloody arm yet.as with all my builds I try to stay within my c-pillar area, one day I will bust out into the realm of the b-pillar just not with this car.

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

Next I got on with making the port which is 22.5”x 4” by 24” long then I started drilling lots and lots of pilot holes then recessing all the screw holes for the front baffle, then it was onto the battery tray so a quick mock up before I decided what I was going to do,cab is well braced inside plus 5 rods through the whole lot and trust me the Mmat juggys just off 550 rms each was still flexing the back wall and now that both amps are playing it is getting weaker so I will have to brace again.

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

im tuned :clapping:

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

the floor and side walls have 36mm the front baffle has 54mm i just didnt want to do 36 on back wall. but i will change that over the next few weekends.this will be a build that i will keep until finals then i might do something different, im trying to do only 2 builds this year not 7 like last year lol.more pictures to come.

I will be adding another sheet to the back wall to make it 36mm it will then have 3” x 2” bracing on the outside then amp plates will be screwed to that, also on the inside I will be adding another rectangular bracing made of 3” x 2” on the inside which will leave me with just over 5.5 cft per sub port will go from 26.99hz to about 28.02hz so I can screw back wall even more tightly and securely. These pictures test fitting the front baffle and flange mouth area and routing sub cut outs, then another test fit before gluing and screwing all of the cab together.

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

This is the last lot of pictures of the current build; I was rushing to make the opening pure carma event. System was only fired up 2 hour before I was leaving for Essex, the subs sounded real loud and smooth, nothing was set up went as it was . got to pure carma then decided we would amp gain got a lot of help from the (P D MOB) and others so a big thanks to them, then wanted to see what it was doing as we got to around to 20hz 144.4 db the amp went down so we did a quick run with one sub passive the other working but kept it low. By then I was feeling a bit pissed cause I knew I was leaving for work but with 1 amp down I left half hour earlier. So about 3- 6 days later back wall off a threaded rod straight through the front baffle to the back wall and re-wired both subs voice coils separately so I could do it all at boot side. The next thing I did was wire both subs to one 2 ohm load they were getting about 500-555 rms per sub and they were f***ing loud. Got the amp repaired vibration killed it a few days later the other one went down so sent the other one off a week and a bit later amp is back all fixed and ready to go, both amps on sub duty, so I have gain matched them really low until I re-do the back wall which will be done within the next 2 weeks. More pictures Will be shown when I get round to re-trimming front baffle and doing amp area I won’t go mad on the rear as I will be changing it just not sure when I’m going to start. Or which one to build yes I know I said 2 builds for the year but I’m just writing things down and thinking that’s all lol. Big thanks to wifey for helping whenever she could.

Big thanks to these guys; they helped me whenever I need it. Most of them I spoke to day and night so I thank them and their lovely wife’s girlfriends for allowing me to call sometime while they were at home.

(paul mazdawg) (marcos mega heavybass) (lee celica) (kerian bassnazi) (skippersounds) (alex) (ben Mr Bt Boomer) (Tony proppadroppa) (matty) (parks) (Agi) and anyone I missed.

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg