Sonic Electronix

Is any kicker amps 1ohm stable and if so what ones I been searching Ebay for a nice 1500.1 but all say they are 2ohm so I am lost I would really like a nice amplifier between true 1500 and 2000 watts with a 0 gauge input for my power and ground any good suggestions and price range would be around 3-500 possibly thanks.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that's because .1 signifies 1 channel, not 1 ohm. You could do a little research on kicker products and see the ZX line is only 2 ohm stable. I believe the older KX line was 1 ohm stable, but only remember a 1200.1. Plus, there are so many options for 1500 at 1 ohm...

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Their DX line was avertised as 1 ohm stable but I just checked them to get you a link and it is saying the 1000.1 is 1000 watts at 2 ohm instead of 1 ohm.

You will have to call them and ask if the DX1000.1 is 1000 watts into 1 ohm or 2 ohm.

The DX line was the only line in the Kicker amplifiers that was supposed to be 1 ohm stable.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

If I remember correctly the only 1 ohm stable class D amplifiers Kicker has made was the KX 1200.1 and the SX1250.1.

and like I said the new DX line was avertised as 1 ohm stable until now?????

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

Just looked it up, both KX and DX were 1 ohm stable. Only saw up to a 1200.1 tho.

but the KX 400.1 and KX 600.1 were 2 ohm stable.

and 1200 was as big as it got.

Terryswork001.png

If it doesn't have to be kicker you could take a look at the AQ2200D. AQ amps are awesome. I have the 1200D. It's a little above your specified desired power but it never hurt to have a little extra reserve power and it is within your price range.

Archived