Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

The *business day* caveat. Where 1 day = waiting the weekend

Just use a reducer...

but-why-meme-generator-but-why-84103d.jp

What's wrong with a reducer, better than shorting out something or having to trim oversized wire.

The point was that if you use the correct size OFC to begin with, you don't need to go to larger CCA which will equal out to about the same cost especially when you figure in the cost of adding reducers, when concerning the current carrying capacity of the two different wires.

But what if you use oversized ofc wire, you mad bro? lol

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Not the point of the convo... if you are using CCA you're cheaping out on wire. Using larger CCA and a reducer will just bring back up the cost to the same or more than the correct size OFC...

If you want to max out electrical you're not gonna use CCA and aren't as concerned with cost.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Not the point of the convo... if you are using CCA you're cheaping out on wire. Using larger CCA and a reducer will just bring back up the cost to the same or more than the correct size OFC...

If you want to max out electrical you're not gonna use CCA and aren't as concerned with cost.

I would never use cca for my amps or speakers

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Only time I ever use CCA is when current draw is negligible. I have a cheap spool of 14ga that I use for things like volt meter leads, turning on relays, remote wire... ETC.

Anything else is OFC

I really want to see how a 50' spool of CCA and reduces = the cost of 50' of OFC. I'm all for arguments but that is incorrect.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I really want to see how a 50' spool of CCA and reduces = the cost of 50' of OFC. I'm all for arguments but that is incorrect.

Yeah, I agree too

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Archived