Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

Offering legitimate advice and then getting, "don't listen to him he obviously has no idea what he's talking about".

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Offering legitimate advice and then getting, "don't listen to him he obviously has no idea what he's talking about".

same here..lmao

Vehicle: 2005 Kia Sorrento Ex

Head Unit: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Mids & Highs: Motorola KSN-1005s & Alpine SPR-17C Type R 6.5s

Speaker Amp: Sony XM-ZR1252

Sub Amplifier: Pure Audio 3000.1

Subwoofer: Incriminator Audio Death Penalty 21"

same here..lmao

How is offering guesstimated specifications for an enclosure for a sub that is not what the OP had specified he was using is legitimate advice?

And that you replied to my post on here when I was venting out that whole situation just means that you are not mature enough to be posting on this forum. Please refrain from replying to any more of my posts.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

In for the lulz. Peoples need to calm down,,,,its just the internet.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I'm no longer going to address him just because it is pointless since I will never see him in my life. But I just fail to see how suggesting going over your electrical system mathematically and then building a box based on how much power, and after the manufacturer releases T/S parameters on the sub in question and not guesstimations for another sub that will clearly have different parameters. Not double what could possibly be the suggested RMS sized box.

Also the people that frequently contribute to the forum most likely haven't ever seen me get angry at a fellow member. But even after being told by three fellow members that my advise is "useless" and "I clearly have no idea what I'm talking about", I still tried to offer aid to the OP to try keep him from harming his equipment/car. /rant

I'm no longer going to address him just because it is pointless since I will never see him in my life. But I just fail to see how suggesting going over your electrical system mathematically and then building a box based on how much power, and after the manufacturer releases T/S parameters on the sub in question and not guesstimations for another sub that will clearly have different parameters. Not double what could possibly be the suggested RMS sized box.

Also the people that frequently contribute to the forum most likely haven't ever seen me get angry at a fellow member. But even after being told by three fellow members that my advise is "useless" and "I clearly have no idea what I'm talking about", I still tried to offer aid to the OP to try keep him from harming his equipment/car. /rant

Cookie cutter subs I would say your advice is spot on about rms and box size.

But these are the new z's from sundown, I mean Jacob has a vid with over RMS FreeAir, no Mech problems. Not disagreeing with you, I think your advice errors on the side of caution.

Usually members on here rape everyone asshole about their electrical when they post up about 2k+ RMS.......I didn't really see any regulars disagreeing with you or discrediting you, in fact Miguels seemed to have your back on Felton spilling his Dr Subwoofer secrets.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

the price of equipment.

ppl who distort and say their shit shoulds good

ppl with exposed wiring and a messy set up

ppl who think kicker from walmart is loud

using prefabs

trying to explain to people that boss amps don't do rated and they end up buying it anyway

spending a week building a box just to have it turn out sounding like shit and having to do it again

working with MDF

getting straight cuts with a circ saw, taking every measure to get it straight and its still fucked up in the end

not having a damn table saw

voltage drop

price of batteries... and alts.

ppl who build their sub stage up but don't care about the high end and the mids and highs are non-existant when the bass hits.

the price of equipment.

using prefabs

trying to explain to people that boss amps don't do rated and they end up buying it anyway

spending a week building a box just to have it turn out sounding like shit and having to do it again

working with MDF

getting straight cuts with a circ saw, taking every measure to get it straight and its still fucked up in the end

voltage drop

ppl who build their sub stage up but don't care about the high end and the mids and highs are non-existant when the bass hits.

Build a table saw with your cirular saw, mount that fucker inverted and you're good to go.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

the price of equipment.

using prefabs

working with MDF

voltage drop

Build a table saw with your cirular saw, mount that fucker inverted and you're good to go.

thought about it. i did that with my jig saw lol.

Archived