Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

the price of equipment.

ppl who distort and say their shit shoulds good

ppl with exposed wiring and a messy set up

ppl who think kicker from walmart is loud

using prefabs

trying to explain to people that boss amps don't do rated and they end up buying it anyway

spending a week building a box just to have it turn out sounding like shit and having to do it again

working with MDF

getting straight cuts with a circ saw, taking every measure to get it straight and its still fucked up in the end

not having a damn table saw

voltage drop

price of batteries... and alts.

ppl who build their sub stage up but don't care about the high end and the mids and highs are non-existant when the bass hits.

Build a table saw with your cirular saw, mount that fucker inverted and you're good to go.

thought about it. i did that with my jig saw lol.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I unsterstand Miguel's was with me and I fully appreciate it. But I was referring to the obvious posts discrediting me.

I don't have a problem with being wrong but when accused I do like to have an explanation or a link as to where I could learn about the topic. Not just point blank insults.

As for the sub with it being a brand new unreleased product I would take every precaution personally, until I either have a food testing location with the right tools, or seeing a good test done on it. I may be overly cautious but with the money invested I don't see why starting out with a rash box design could be beneficial enough to risk.

Also not trying to undermine the sub because the power it was on especially in free air is austonding. But remember that is preproduction and changes are likely to change, hopefully for the better of the product, but there are some things that could be more cost effective such as coil material and winding such as flat winding, ect.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

the price of equipment.

ppl who distort and say their shit shoulds good

ppl with exposed wiring and a messy set up

ppl who think kicker from walmart is loud

using prefabs

trying to explain to people that boss amps don't do rated and they end up buying it anyway

spending a week building a box just to have it turn out sounding like shit and having to do it again

working with MDF

getting straight cuts with a circ saw, taking every measure to get it straight and its still fucked up in the end

not having a damn table saw

voltage drop

price of batteries... and alts.

ppl who build their sub stage up but don't care about the high end and the mids and highs are non-existant when the bass hits.

Build a table saw with your cirular saw, mount that fucker inverted and you're good to go.

thought about it. i did that with my jig saw lol.
Quite possible that it is just because all my cuts were small. And that our table saw is my grear grandfathers from the 60's or 70's. But I loves using out Jig saw over the table or circular saw.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

I'll take a GOOD table saw over any other woodworking tool anyday. The college has some NICE NICE 240v table saws with Besemeyer fences. They are so easy and nice to use. You can cut thick hardwood and tablesaw acts like nothing is happening. I can do dados, rabbits, finger joints, crosscuts, rip, kerf, even do angled cuts on the corner to finish the look off. We have a crosscut sled jig that I made for the saws, it works awesome. Have a few other jigs for compound angles. I could build almost anything with tablesaw and hand tools.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I'll take a GOOD table saw over any other woodworking tool anyday. The college has some NICE NICE 240v table saws with Besemeyer fences. They are so easy and nice to use. You can cut thick hardwood and tablesaw acts like nothing is happening. I can do dados, rabbits, finger joints, crosscuts, rip, kerf, even do angled cuts on the corner to finish the look off. We have a crosscut sled jig that I made for the saws, it works awesome. Have a few other jigs for compound angles. I could build almost anything with tablesaw and hand tools.

Jealous of that saw now. I remember your post on NCochran's Scion TC about the dados and would love to be able to do those.

Jealous of that saw now. I remember your post on NCochran's Scion TC about the dados and would love to be able to do those.

Do you have a local community college? Do they have a construction dept? Alot of them do and you just have to take the safety classes and woodworking ons at the same time to gain access your first semester, then take a construction lab for woodshop free play lol. Thats what I do, sign up for a 1unit lab every semester, I already finished school but the woodshop is so frikken nice.

You can still do dado's and all the cuts you want on a cheaper saw, you just have to take it slower and listen to the saw. For 3/4 mdf almost any saw will be fine, its when you get into thick hardwoods and exotic stuff that really puts the strain on the saw.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

We have a "university" in town so it's bound to have a constitution lab or something.

But my sisters father in law has a really nice CNC machine that I want to try out. Just have to find something worth it enough to ask him to use it.

We have a "university" in town so it's bound to have a constitution lab or something.

But my sisters father in law has a really nice CNC machine that I want to try out. Just have to find something worth it enough to ask him to use it.

That would be so nice to use. I would literally pay to use one if someone let me. They hav eon at the colleg but its not used and the only way is to take the classes on it, but there has not been enough students to justify the class. $xxx,xxx in equipment not getting used at all, because the way the current generation is they don't want to take pride and build their own stuff. I'm probably the 2nd youngest person who even steps foot inside the construction building at our college. Its sad really.

Sorry everyone, I'm done delrailing htis thread.

ON TOPIC

HATE people who take offense to stuff on here,... people its the internet, its not a personal attack, rarely is it ever even personal.

Brand bashing reputable companies... its not the brand but the build that makes everything good. I've seen some DD builds on craigslist that I would put money on I'm louder/cleaner then....brand only means so much.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

How this kid right next to me in class just told me that the 2 american bass xfl 12s wont be as loud as his friend with 2 ghetto as prefabs in his trunk

Nothing for now...

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

I'd grab Adam's ass and look him in the eyes for a demo of nates truck.

Hank Veach.

he is the embodiment of what is wrong with car audio (and many other hobbies as well)

Instead of enjoying competition and the people involved, he goes out of his way to hate on people. Mostly for the equipment they use but I am sure he would do it for any reason.

If you read around these forums you will notice that lots of people have their own opinions about what equipment to use but very few bash someone for what they use. There are some people that say something and sometimes you see people warning other people about equipment that truly doesn't perform up to standards. There are more reasons than just what is best that people pick the equipment they do, sometimes it is a lack of knowledge, sometimes the opportunity was right. For me, my first non mainstream sub was a DC level 2. I went with that because that sub fit what I needed. My next purchase was from DC because Rusty helped me more than I could have ever imagined so I figured it would be right to purchase from him again. Plus because of issues when ordering my subs Rusty hooked a brother up. If YOU knew what happened, you would call me all kinds of stupid names for NOT going with DC.

All of that could have just as easily been a story about Sundown, FI, AA, etc...The point is, so much hate is created by people like him it almost takes the enjoyment out of being involved in the activity.

That is what pisses me off about car audio.

and he is probably glad he pisses people off too.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived