Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

A guy I help out with his car came by my house yesterday. We were talking about subs and what he wants to do in the future. He has a SA 15 with a PSI recone right now and wants another to go on a CT7000.1. I told him that he will most likely smoke the subs and he says that the PSI recone adds a ton more power handling. We then get talking about sub brands and different options to go with. Long story short he starts comparing his SA to subs like the HDC4, SP4, and I believe the DD95 series and saying they are pretty much the same. I just gave up and nodded along.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

(working on a car and have another customer in front of me)

*ring ring* *ring ring*

"Thanks for calling blah blah how can I help you."

"Hey man."

"Hey. lol What can I do for you?"

"I'm the guy with the Silverado."

"lol You're going to have to be more specific than that sir. I work on a lot of Silverados."

"The black one."

(thinking jesus f christ man. I'll just play along)

"Ok. What can I do for you?"

"I wanna get a deck."

"Sure. Come on down and we'll get you set up."

"Well what do you have there?"

"I have probably 25 head units to choose from with every feature you could want."

"Can you tell me which model numbers you have?"

(this guy can't be serious..... and I have a customer in front of me....AND I'm suppose to be working on a car)

"Like I said, I have at least 25 of them to choose from all different brands and price ranges. I also have a few customers in front of me right now, so you'll have to swing on in and take a look."

"Well I want to research the ones you have online before I come in."

So this back and forth goes on for another few lines. I'm not going to give him every model number of every head unit I sell. Ain't nobody got time for that shit. And to cap it off, I have more than one customer waiting on me to get off the damn phone. So this guy starts getting all pissy with me and I'm trying to be as professional as I can, without telling him to just straight up fuck off because I'm not sitting on the phone with you for a gosh damn hour. And it sucks because "he's the guy with the black Silverado", so that probably means he's a former customer. I really don't want to piss him off, but fuck me man. Some requests are just over the line.

Worst part. I get stupid friggin calls just like that nearly once a week. Always at the worst time of day too.....

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

I ran into a friend of mine and he says that he has 2 Jl subs and a Jl 360/2 amp and he can't get one of the channels working, and if he does, only one sub works. He took it to a shop and amp checked out fine. Said a couple people looked at it and couldn't figure it out. I said bring it over and I'll take a look.

First of all, he was trying to bridge the amp in the wrong positive and negative, and then when I ask what wire is positive and what one is negative his answer was "idk does that really matter".

Well there's the problem! Hooked it up correctly and it worked perfectly.

Tuned with my dd1 so hopefully he won't blow them now.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

The exchange rate these days is killer!

Sundown Audio Zv4 rev.2 10" - - - - - - - $569 USD ($737 CAD)

3day FedEx Shipping to Canada - - - - - $311 USD ($403 CAD)

Taxes collected from Customs - - - - - - - $44 CAD ($33 USD)

Paying nearly $1200 for a 10" subwoofer -PISSES ME RIGHT THE FUCK OFF!

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

I feel ya, try shipping 4 lvl6 to Australia... cost me more for the shipping then it did the woofers

DCSig.jpg

TEAM DC AUSTRALIA

13e4c3e0-74af-42b9-8d07-ebbd2b684e14_zps7d713c4c.jpg

I feel ya, try shipping 4 lvl6 to Australia... cost me more for the shipping then it did the woofers

WHAT! straight nuts man, Sorry but i would find a new hobby. I love bass and all but wow............

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

WHAT! straight nuts man, Sorry but i would find a new hobby. I love bass and all but wow............

yeah, I really love bass lol... shit is sending me broke

DCSig.jpg

TEAM DC AUSTRALIA

13e4c3e0-74af-42b9-8d07-ebbd2b684e14_zps7d713c4c.jpg

Tearing out wiring and hooking back up to stock, get the rear passenger door done and it works, go to do front and the tweeter works but not the woofer. Ok, check wiring, all connected. Pull woofer, connections tight and clean. Pop cover off crossover, and an inductor just falls the fuck off lol. Wonder how long it's been like that now, seemed like the tweets have been overpowering for a long time now, maybe that didn't help.

BTW, the wire had just pulled out of the solder, like it didn't get a solid connection whne it was initially soldered, plus the weight and vibration just pulled itself out.

Archived