Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

responding to a car audio thread that constantly gets new posts added to it and is always at the top of your content list.......... (I don't mind this one, but I never should have gotten a price quote from DC Audio.)

Lmao you can unsubscribe from it so it won't do that haha. Also I piss myself off in car audio. Damn installs.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

buy fuses in bulk. problem solved

good idea....

Posting a problem on a forum only to realize that the answer is ridiculously simple and you were probably just thinking to hard about it...then it makes you look stupid.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Shows that aren't demo friendly... Kinda defeats the purpose. No disrespect to the hosts but you figure they could find a better venue after 7 or 8 yrs in the same spot with the same problem.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

I hate when you ask for a price at a local shop and when you tell them you can get it cheaper online they get pissed. lol Just have more competitive prices with the online prices. You will get more business. At least from me anyways. lol

Example:

In Store-Incriminator Death Row $499

Online- $378

Also, when people get offensive with noobs. the question may seem dumb to you, but for a new guy/girl it may make perfect sense because they don't know. That's why they joined the forum. To learn more!!!! lol

Getting loud is only half the job;sounding good while doing it is where the glory is.1998 Jeep CherokeeHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P6300BTFront Stage: Kenwood 6.5Rear Stage: kenwood 6.5Tweeters: SoundstreamMids/Highs amp: Hifonics Zeus 600.4Sub Amp: Hifonics BRZ2400Subs: 4 Skar VVX 10s(only running 2 now; still has all of them though)Batteries: Optima Red Top(under the hood)XS Power D1200(in the trunk)0 AWG Power Wire

The subwoofer gods not wanting everything to go smoothly.

___________________________________________________________________________________

-1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Coupe-

-2 12'' Alpine Type R's-

-Sony xPlode Head Unit-

-Planet Audio AC2000.2 Amplifier-

Anarchy Series 2-Channel Amplifier

RMS Power Rating

2 ohms: 700 Watts x 2 chan.

Bridged, 4 ohms: 1400 watts x 1 chan.

___________________________________________________________________________________

• 2 weeks later...

When someone says someone has the loudest system in your area and having your car messed up so you can't prove em wrong. I mean I know I'm not THAT loud but I have heard the system they are talking about. Two diamond 12's on a boss amp. Its a friend of mine that has it.

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

When someone says someone has the loudest system in your area and having your car messed up so you can't prove em wrong. I mean I know I'm not THAT loud but I have heard the system they are talking about. Two diamond 12's on a boss amp. Its a friend of mine that has it.

This shit right here. My buddy came back from school one time (we go to diff colleges now) and I couldn't demo cuz my car was fucked up. Of course I get it fixed the day he leaves.

But my favorite is when you go into a shop and they LIE straight to your face because they think you don't know better.

I had a guy tell me that I should get a Polk 600w mono. I told him my subs were 600wrms eachand he said, (and I quote) "that's a common misconception. People think the power just gets magically divided but it doesn't. If you have a 600 watt amp it will push 600 watts to both of your subwoofers." After I said I've never heard that he goes on to say "And also subs don't last very long. A good pair of 12"s should last about a year if you treat them right."

None of that was made up. That's why I don't go to shops anymore.

I'd have to add going to an audio shop and trying to talk to them about the big 3 and they look at you like WTF is that and respond "i've never heard of the big 3??"

that's just funny

Archived