Has any one been robbed with an alarm?

they will get what they want and go, they do have alarms with gps in them that when it sets off it tracks it to a map, and police are warrned, but heard that shit a few g's, no help tho unless you got like cameras n shit inside tape them, or a gun set up as soon sub out BOOM out the port fires an ak

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

an alarm is just a deterrent. lets say 30% or thiefs wont touch a car with the blinking light. 20% run when the alarm goes off. 20% wont care, they just grab one thing like an ipod and run. etc., etc. you are just lowering your odds of being a victim.

my secret weapon is a ton of piezo sirens inside the car. the thief wont want to be in the car long enough to steal anything but my ipod.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

The only real way to protect yourself is have your alarm hooked up to your rear batt bank so they can't cut the power on i and that's still not gonna protect you 100%, but it's a lot better than just hooking it up normally

"i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" quoted from Tupac

The best way to protect yourself with an alarm is to have door triggers hooked up, hood and trunk trigger and dome supervision on a long range 2 way alarm. Most shops only hook up either dome or door triggers and leave it at that so you will want to ask specifically for this and then test their install so you don't get hosed. Shock sensors should be sensitive enough that a light smack sets off warning chirps. They must be firmly mounted too. Not just ziptied to dangling wires. Alarms aren't too difficult to install but are difficult to hide. Anytime I do an alarm at work I seperate the needed wires by where they are going then tape them all with black electrical tape to make them less noticeable. Sometimes i'll put split loom on the thicker bundles to make it even more factory appearing.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

2 way alarm and a Ruger .40 with a laser sight

and if they're in your garage, that's home invasion... you'll drop theft crime in your neighborhood to 0 for 3 months if you drop the thief.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

an alarm is just a deterrent. lets say 30% or thiefs wont touch a car with the blinking light. 20% run when the alarm goes off. 20% wont care, they just grab one thing like an ipod and run. etc., etc. you are just lowering your odds of being a victim.

my secret weapon is a ton of piezo sirens inside the car. the thief wont want to be in the car long enough to steal anything but my ipod.

mine as well. its actually louder in the truck than outside and thats saying something. If you can get in it and take that you deserve it. I know you wont get it shut off so you're going to eat it. I thought my ears might bleed when i set it off testing it. the neighbors loved it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The best way to protect yourself with an alarm is to have door triggers hooked up, hood and trunk trigger and dome supervision on a long range 2 way alarm. Most shops only hook up either dome or door triggers and leave it at that so you will want to ask specifically for this and then test their install so you don't get hosed. Shock sensors should be sensitive enough that a light smack sets off warning chirps. They must be firmly mounted too. Not just ziptied to dangling wires. Alarms aren't too difficult to install but are difficult to hide. Anytime I do an alarm at work I seperate the needed wires by where they are going then tape them all with black electrical tape to make them less noticeable. Sometimes i'll put split loom on the thicker bundles to make it even more factory appearing.

My question is how long have you been installing?

It seems like you know what your talking about, but what I have bolded kinda worries me.

Im assuming you are talking about the older directed units where they actually instruct the installer to mount the shock sensor loosely with zip ties around a group of wires.

I know when I was doing alarms I tested this in my own Cadillac because that did not seem right at all. Needless to say the loose wires made the shock sensor a lot more sensitive then securing it tightly.

But with the newer directed units and the shock sensors built into the brain it is a completely different story, Im still not sure if I like it better or not tho.

Oh and Glass Break sensors will also be a good cheap plug and play addition to any alarm!!

Since most people cant break a window on the first hit, the sensor will instantly trigger the alarm.

ROFL I was robber once I just installed my alarm too like 3 days before forgot to turn it on they got me for a old school hcca amp it was like as long as my back seat it was a 2400 I was told and then i had an old school orion hcca 15 in a box with my old headunit I just took out laying on my back floor and my new headunit taken out of my dash and all my cds was gone to pretty funny how no1 in the projects seen anything or knew nothing it was all in a 89 ford probe gt with the turbo stock they busted out the back windshield and took it all I was soo vexxed but I got money from insurance a week later I decided to move in with my parents cause at the time me and my ex was going through some problems so I got my own place to have.

I have security tint/film on my my door windows... I disconnected my power trunk pop also.

Last summer i watched 3 dudes try and try and try to break my window!!! I was able to catch it on tape also. They were using porcelain first, didn't do any thing. Then a rock...then a bigger rock.. Lol finally one got a cinder block from somewhere and I put a stop to it. Let one of my pits out n I grabbed my high power paintball gun.. Ietting my dog out ended up getn me in some legal troubles.. Didn't help I said a few choice words to the P O S judge I had!!! Lol owell I made my point

Archived