What I hate about this website is that people come on here and disregard EVERYTHING that has been said in a thread and post sh*t. :D Sorry if I sound a bit harsh or offend you by saying that, but that's just what you did.

I'm seriously not going to get into this again because it's a waste of my time. People who swear by the effectiveness of P&S will continue to use it not matter what.

The facts (not opinions) have been posted time and time again as to why and how P&S does not work compared to a properly and specifically designed CLD.

I've bought it, used it, and I can give you my opinion... IT'S ABSOLUTE GARBAGE AND I WOULDN'T EVEN USE IT ON MY HOUSE.

And who said anything about blowing $300 on sound deadening. Hell if I had $50 worth of Second Skin, SDS, or hell even the industry standard Dynamat, that would be about 20 sq. ft., enough to treat four average sized car doors and I would be crazy happy vs. using P&S.

/end rant

peel and seal works

go spend 50 dollars at lowes on peel and seal and then go spend 50 bucks for some damplifier and see which one gets you the best value and stops the most rattles.

FULL BLOWN AUDIO INSTALL WHERE YOU CAN AFFORD TO SPEND 300+ ON DEADENING = DAMPLIFIER

COLLEGE KID THAT JUST WANTS SOME BASS WITHOUT THE RATTLE = PEEL AND SEAL

the thing i hate the most about this website is that people come on here and give their opinion based off of what others say.

GO BUY THE SHIT AND TRY IT YOURSELF, THEN GIVE YOUR OPINION

yea there ya go billly mays. sell that

Id be mad too if i was half assing.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i'm not a college kid so me neither. but when i was you can bet i was happy with my cheaper alternative

peel and seal works

go spend 50 dollars at lowes on peel and seal and then go spend 50 bucks for some damplifier and see which one gets you the best value and stops the most rattles.

FULL BLOWN AUDIO INSTALL WHERE YOU CAN AFFORD TO SPEND 300+ ON DEADENING = DAMPLIFIER

COLLEGE KID THAT JUST WANTS SOME BASS WITHOUT THE RATTLE = PEEL AND SEAL

the thing i hate the most about this website is that people come on here and give their opinion based off of what others say.

GO BUY THE SHIT AND TRY IT YOURSELF, THEN GIVE YOUR OPINION

I'll never use it on my shit, I've seen it on other's rides, many. Its not quite as stinky as people make it out to be (I live on the gulf coast so it gets funkin hot) but it doesn't last

long at all. Its not nearly as affective as real damplifiers are.

X2 Is'nt really isnt stinky at all but, it will fall off or start to within a year(or atleast it did for me). I can say it deffinatly did something, I mean I would say it did help my panels from flexing as much and I lost alot of rattles by using it but its not worth it imho. I cleaned where I put peel and seal at before I put it on with alcohol, and it started falling off within a few months. I can admit when I first put it on I was impressed ( due to my lack of knowledge ). But then it started falling off and it just became a mess. It leaves the tar adhesive on your car when it falls off and it's almost impossible to get off. I would'nt recommend using it and if a friend wanted it in their car I would not have any part of it. It's just not worth it, I wish I would've known this befor hand but, hey you live and you learn. I just thought I'd give my .02 cents. :drinks:

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

hahahaaha. guess i should specify. college kid that doesn't shove garbage bags in his rear window thinking it compares to stopping interior AND exterior rattles.

its whatever. I do have over 300+ in sound deadening/lining products in my ride now. was once a broke kid and know that peel and seal WORKS but also that its not ideal or the best.

just saying.

Volatile Organic Compounds!!

If you want to risk your respiratory health, or that of your children or anyone else who rides in your car go ahead and use Peel and Seal. Think I'm talking shit, go ahead and read about VOCs for yourself.

If you must use a cheap alternative take a look at "edead", or do like I did and keep your eyes open for someone selling unused SS, I got the old style silver backed stuff for stupid cheap.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

• 1 month later...

I tried it at first trying to save a buck but it wasn't worth it. It does have some odor to it and it started to peel pretty bad after 7 to 8 months. I ended up buying fat mat i could have used the money for that instead.

Thanks for posting those pics Kyle.

One thing I've learned from all of this... I need to start writing everything in script/cursive. My print penmanship SUCKS! lol

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Archived