DC Sound Lab

How does my box plan look?

I have a XL 15" on order and I'm trying to get my shit together so I can have my box done when the amp/sub arrives. I want to tune low (27-28hz) and currently have a rough plan made in the box tuning calculator. This is my first time making a box and would love some feedback and help to hone in a 'perfect' box rather than me throwing one randomly together. My main concerns are is the box big enough to get the most out of lows, is my port big enough to avoid cancellation/port noise, and finally is there any rookie mistakes I've made? Ask questions if it will help get a better response! Thanks

IUJia.jpg

i <3 27hz.

and you should probably get rid of that pic and make a new one or banvill will happen.

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Kenwood KIV-700 headunit

2 18" sundown Z.v3s

13.5^3 wall tuned @ 28hz

SAZ-3500

DC power 270amp alt

JL c2 650

AP600.4

XS 1200 under the hood

XS 3100 in the trunk

1/0 gauge

big 3

25^2ft audio technix

sdfi.png

^^ c-fuzzy ur an idiot, my 15" soround is waay bigger cuz its a tall sorround, on top of that I HAVE A BIGGER MOTOR... oh yeah and fuck u suck my dick i got your hoes!

anywhere they want to. They cant hear anyone telling them otherwise. just because its bigger doesnt make it any different. they just piss people off faster and farther away.

are those you max dimensions??

I can probably increase the depth but nothing else, it's going in a small ass trunk. I'm tuning to 27hz because I want some major lows. Would tuning to 27hz possibly damage the subs if I am playing regular music instead of slowed stuff? If tuning a little higher is better for daily I will. Trying to keepitlow though ;)

are those you max dimensions??

I can probably increase the depth but nothing else, it's going in a small ass trunk. I'm tuning to 27hz because I want some major lows. Would tuning to 27hz possibly damage the subs if I am playing regular music instead of slowed stuff? If tuning a little higher is better for daily I will. Trying to keepitlow though ;)

well do you listen to ONLY slowed stuff with really low bass lines? for daily i wouldnt tune under 30 cause i listen to a variety of music

im tuning my box for 1 XL 18" to 32Hz

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

more port! :werd_msword:

Edit: and full pic of background :popcorn:

god damnit last time i posted this same topic everyone ignored my questions and talked about my backgrounds!!!! How can I have "more port" and keep the same tuning?

Increasing the area of your port means the port will have to be longer, simple as that. Port area determins how well the woofer will output and port length determines what the tuning will be, simple as that.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want