DC Sound Lab

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And if you don't know what you're doing you WILL smoke That woofer

THIS ^^^^^^^^ I would only run a single amp daily and the use the second amp if you want to burp, or you could sell them both and get a single 5k and be golden.

Why are you yelling????

With that type of power I would go about 3 cubes after displacements with 17-19in2 of port per ft3.

Even though that's on the small side it's probably still to big with that much power

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

well the dc 15 is a dual 1.4 and ive talk to rusty about it to he help me out on how to strapp both ams to the sub. im just trying to build up a box and wanted to get couple of ideas from ppl you know

If you didn't even know how to strap amplifiers, I am unsure if you should be putting this much power to it... Not trying to offend you, I just don't want you smoking a badass woofer.

I'm assuming your running it at 2.8ohm, that's 1.4 per amp. That will probably give you around 7kwrms. Still is a bit much...

Edited by Supercharged DDs

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

well the dc 15 is a dual 1.4 and ive talk to rusty about it to he help me out on how to strapp both ams to the sub. im just trying to build up a box and wanted to get couple of ideas from ppl you know

You would strap the amps together and wire the sub to 2.8 ohms, very simple stuff. You will still be putting too much power to the Level 5 for a daily application. A single 3500 wired to .7 ohms will be plenty to run daily.

it dont offend me im only posting this up to get help.. i had 3 18s dc walled in my civic with a hifonics xxv sampson 8,000 befor but i sold my subwoofers to help out rusty sice hes been out.. so i had a single 15 lvl 5 laying around and decided to make a box to have some bass and i also have 2 aq 3500d i said ima do it for the lake county car show this weekend ima be going with rusty and roband ima be starting the box tomorrow

Well I would recommend doing as Cody suggested, running one 3500 at .7ohm for daily, and strap two at 2.8ohms for burps

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

well ima take pictures and post em up tomorrow.. and ill even get some vids for all you guys to see how everything turns out.. but after this show ima do 2 18 lvl 5 walled with both aq 3500 1 amp to each sub