Nissan Maxima trunk build with 2 15s

Car:

1999 Nissan Maxima

Subs:

2x JL Audio w0v2 15" subs

Amp:

Hifonics Brutus 1200w

Wiring:

All Stinger wire...4 gauge from front to back, and the big 3 in 0 gauge.

Box:

~5.5 cubic foot net@33hz with the port into the armrest.

All built and installed my friend Nick and I

Well anyways, the build started at 7am with a run to home depot to pick up some supplies to begin our long day ahead of us.

We first started with some mdf and a saw:

IMAG0669_1307088409819.jpg

And then I decided i would start cutting and actually make something with it lol:

IMAG0671_1307088435478.jpg

We got some of the sides of the box done and i found these nifty things at Home Depot called corner clamps that were super helpful and ran about $8 each.

IMAG0675_1307088482119.jpg

And before we knew it, we had the four corners together:

IMAG0680.jpg

And then came putting the bottom on with lots of wood glue and screws:

IMAG0687_1307088674235.jpg

And we countersank all of the screws by taking a drill bit to match the threads into the wood and then following

with the drill bit that is just big enough for the head of the screw...and here is what it looks like...everythigns flush!IMAG0682.jpg

Next came the Port opening. It was cut like this because the port will be internal and external.

IMAG0699.jpg

And just in case anyone wanted to see what a jigsaw looks like underneath when it is cutting:

IMAG0702.jpg

Ahhh yes! Clean square....i swear i get better with a jigsaw everytime i use it.

IMAG0703.jpg

And now for building the interior port:

IMAG0704_1307088876382.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And then there was some sanding here and some sanding there to knock everything down roto://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af115/soundsystemaniac/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0694.jpg[/img]

And then there was more sanding lol:

IMAG0692.jpg

And mounting the interior of the port to the box:

IMAG0711_1307089003787.jpg

We decided that we were going to use our newly built box for a lazy boy lmao this is my friend nick:IMAG0690.jpg

And this is me!

IMAG0688_1307088699145.jpg

And by this time of day, the work area is a bit messy:

IMAG0708_1307088962380.jpg

We did some bracing under the port:

IMAG0713.jpg

Then we added some 2x4s for bracing:

IMAG0717.jpg

Again:

IMAG0718.jpg

Nick working on the big 3 upgrade:

IMAG0726_1307089172460.jpg

And we also added a 2x4 on every corner to brace the box and a 2x6 across the back wall since that will be the weakest part:

IMAG0729.jpg

Box with the sub holes cut and the lid resting on the box:

IMAG0730.jpg

Then we wrapped the box in black felt:

IMAG0732.jpg

This is what it looks like before the external port because this is the maximum dimensions that i can fit through the opening. The external port will be put on after the box is in the car.:

IMAG0733.jpg

So it was about 130am and we got the box in the car and the subs playing and went across the street to tune it and my good friend brought his bike over to chill and mid tuning the box, this happened:

IMAG0734.jpg

which kinda put an immediate end to working on the car.

He was trying to pull a wheelie in the parking lot and was prob going 60-70mph and didnt leave enough room to stop so he locked up the rear tire and then the back end of the bike came up and he couldnt stop fast enough, so at about 15mph, the front tire hit the curb which had a bank of grass on the other side of it and the bike flipped over fowards and landed on top of him. Thank God he was ok. We ran over and got the bike off him and he walked away with only a small wrist injury but im not sure if we can salvage the bike or not.

Anyways, more pics to come tomorrow cuz of the wreck and my phone battery died so i couldnt take any more pics.

Any/All feedback is welcomed!

Brandon

Build looks pretty good, that bracing looks beefy

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

I see some ILS going on.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

invisible lat syndrome

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

So it was about 130am and we got the box in the car and the subs playing and went across the street to tune it and my good friend brought his bike over to chill and mid tuning the box, this happened:

IMAG0734.jpg

which kinda put an immediate end to working on the car.

He was trying to pull a wheelie in the parking lot and was prob going 60-70mph and didnt leave enough room to stop so he locked up the rear tire and then the back end of the bike came up and he couldnt stop fast enough, so at about 15mph, the front tire hit the curb which had a bank of grass on the other side of it and the bike flipped over fowards and landed on top of him. Thank God he was ok. We ran over and got the bike off him and he walked away with only a small wrist injury but im not sure if we can salvage the bike or not.

As my uncle would say as you pushed that into his shop "So, you like to do tricks huh? Too bad you suck! Now you can strip the fairing off, bang the bike straight with a hammer and practice not sucking so you don't fuck up your next pretty bike." And then he'd throw a rattle can of black spray paint at you. "Your gunna need a lot of this before you stop sucking." My uncle works at a motorcycle repair shop, he wrecked his last rocket doing a wheelie at 170 mph on the 151 Wisconsin/Iowa Bridge. He lost several tattoos, lots of skin and ground down about an inch of bone on one of his should blades. He's the reason I don't ride bikes.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

^^^ damn thats crazy man! yeah ive been looking into getting a bike for a while now but after this happened, it makes me want one less and less

UPDATE:::

we finished the box the next day, just havent posted more pics.

This is what it looks like in the trunk: (yes it barely fits)

IMAG0737.jpg

This is the view of the port in the rear seat armrest:

IMAG0740.jpg

Tight fit!

IMAG0736.jpg

It makes you want a bike less because your friends an idiot on it?

<_<

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer