Wire comparison Review (1/0,4awg,8awg inside)

so what is best bang for buckk? i wanna get some in aus but have buy from usa like darvex, but stinger was like 200ish for 50 feet..

anyone no any good deals and best bang for buckk

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

I also cant stand working with any brand CCA wire, Period!

Its just garbage, id rather spend the extra money.

I just spent the night doing some rewiring, using some free CCA wire and yes Im bitching about free wire!! LOL

When your working with a oversized CCA, and you are in a tight spot trying to put the wire into the terminals, it just sucks!!

Sure the wire looks good when its in the casing, but as soon as you strip the CCA wire it springs outwards, you can not get a decent twist on the wire like you can a OFC to make it easier to get in the amp terminals, or even ring terminals, or lugs (whatever you doing at that time).

OFC wire stays nice and tightly packed when you strip it, makes it simple to work with.

LOL Brian I wasn't even thinking about fitting the over sized stuff into standardized terminals.

HA HA HA I'm still struggling with thinking about the obvious DUH :rofl:

I'm just a quality freak!

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I have both KNU OFC and Tsunami comp 1/0 right next to me. While the Tsunami comp has a thicker jacket, it is still more flexible then the knu. Not by much, but it is definitely more pliable and seems to have thinner copper threads then the knu, and more of them. All in all, knu is decent wire. But from what ive experienced , the tsunami takes the cake.

Also, fyi, I have knu 4 Awg (OFC) and 4 AWG tsunami comp. The tsunami is also better in this wire sizing too in my eyes.

i had no problems at all putting terminals on my kca. i just took a smalll zip tie and sinched it onto the end and that brought it tight enough to put a terminal on and then i cut the zip tie off. easy stuff to work with

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

So "Candence" is o.k.? I just got some 0 gauge OFC on the "audiosavings" special, 17 ft for $24.99, they have the same stuff 49 ft for $79.95, about the same price...

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Website/CADENCE-0-GAUGE-BLUE-AMP-POWER-WIRE-49-FOOT-SPOOL-NEW/0G15M-BLUE.aspx

Pontiac Grand Prix GT
400a Mean Machine alt.

EIGHT DD 12''s on a DDz2
DD vo 8''s,6''s,5.25''s&tweets
Norfolk, VA
http://www.youtube.c...ser/ovnorfolkva
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSPLSpot/473815915987218/?notif_t=group_activity#!/chrishova
http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1[/color]

i had no problems at all putting terminals on my kca. i just took a smalll zip tie and sinched it onto the end and that brought it tight enough to put a terminal on and then i cut the zip tie off. easy stuff to work with

For as many lugs as I soldered, I would be so pissed if I had to keep doing that. Takes more time and its wasting zip ties

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

Archived