15'' L7 VS 2 12'' CVX

Hey whatdup guys, fairly new to the car audio systems, been wiring my own things, doin it hands on to learn. Learning ohms ect now. Well my question is should i go with a l7 15'' kicker, that's 1000rms, but yet it is a square woofer for a louder response, or 2 KickerCVX's 12'' 1500w rms total 750w rms each. That would mean i could put more power to them, but they are circle, so i was wondering, the L7 being square, would that make up for the 500rms dif between the two? P.S im looking for SPL. Thanks guys. :noob:

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

Still so much to learn.

Stick around, there are more brands than kicker, oh, and square subs aren't louder, just so you know..

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Way better brands than Kicker out there, though Kicker is still pretty decent. Anyways, the two 12s have about the same cone area as the square 15, but being that you'd have two motors, they may have more motor force. I'd say that if you are set on Kicker, then get whichever one you like more. Just make sure to build a damn good box.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Way better brands than Kicker out there, though Kicker is still pretty decent. Anyways, the two 12s have about the same cone area as the square 15, but being that you'd have two motors, they may have more motor force. I'd say that if you are set on Kicker, then get whichever one you like more. Just make sure to build a damn good box.

Thanks man, yeah i can tell i've been on this site for about a hour already been told about so many dif brands, Im on a limited budget seeing how im still in high school, but yet i got about 500 to blow on a sub, i want HUGE SPL more so than SQ.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

depending on what you want in future, id personally go the L7 if you plan on one day spending more on the system, so you could buy another down the track rather than scrapping both 12's and starting from scratch..

if your planning on keeping the same system a while then for sure go the 12's

The install matters more than the subwoofers.

The cone area is virtually the same, with the 2 12s having a extremely small amount more. Depending on the power you plan to put on them, the 2 12s would be the more logical choice. But then again, who uses logic these days? :P

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Archived