Second Skin Audio

Sealed Or Ported?

if you like ported keep it ported, sealed i don't tend to like, sounds nice BUT just not loud, and not low

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

build a box. try it. if you dont like it. build a new one.

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Kenwood KIV-700 headunit

2 18" sundown Z.v3s

13.5^3 wall tuned @ 28hz

SAZ-3500

DC power 270amp alt

JL c2 650

AP600.4

XS 1200 under the hood

XS 3100 in the trunk

1/0 gauge

big 3

25^2ft audio technix

sdfi.png

^^ c-fuzzy ur an idiot, my 15" soround is waay bigger cuz its a tall sorround, on top of that I HAVE A BIGGER MOTOR... oh yeah and fuck u suck my dick i got your hoes!

anywhere they want to. They cant hear anyone telling them otherwise. just because its bigger doesnt make it any different. they just piss people off faster and farther away.

but i kind of want to explore SQ. This idea also now has came up because I now have a hatchback and they can get louder easier.

I tried to justify this also when I went with a sealed this time around. Sealed just does not get loud enough. I will say that I enjoy the sound, it is smoother but when you really want to rattle your head good it will not be enough for you.

I have ran my sealed box now for a year in my truck and just said f'it im cutting a big ass whole in the back and porting through

That is my 2 cents.

1978 Chevy 3/4 ton Reg Cab Pickup Alpine 9887 Imprint Head Unit JL Audio HD600.4 (Mid Amp) JL Audio HD750.1 (Sub Amp) 2 x JL 13TW5 Shallow Sub's JL C5-650 Components in fiberglassed door mod JL ZR800-CW Mid Bass in the kick panels ***UPCOMING BUILD(2 weeks and counting)*** 8 JL Audio 15" W0's in a blow through 2 Kicker 2500.1

sealed boxes generally hit a wide variety of frequency's with almost no drop in the frequency's where a ported box has a pretty narrow slope of frequencys it can play

thats from my experience from a ported to a sealed, i loved sealed alot more than i ever liked ported.... but for straight loudness, ported is where its at

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

If you've always wanted to try sealed, then go sealed. That way you will eliminate the "what if" factor.

imo and basing my opinion off the few sealed systems that I've heard, they can sound hella clean without an overbearing booming if you listen to other stuff besides rap/dubstep.

I myself prefer lower tuned ported boxes(30-35hz), because they can belt out the lows, still get plenty loud, and like sealed can sound good with various types of music.. that's just me.

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube