Hello, im planning on buying a 12 inch comp vr(aluminumized) and it comes with this box prepackaged(ill post specs below) and im planning on a getting a Kicker DX 500 amp. I just wondering if there are any flaws in what im trying to buy or anyone has a suggestion on a new box amp etc, any help would be appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOADED-KICKER-SUB-BOX-W-CVR12-COMP-VR-SUBWOOFER-NEW-/130528313403?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item1e6418003b

I think you should get a box custom made or build one yourself. Those prefab boxes tend to be tuned very high and almost never match the specs of any subwoofer you use with it.

fiaq3-1.jpg

2000 Subaru outback 2.5l

Head Unit: Pioneer deh 4300ub

front stage: tbd

subwoofer: Stock Fi Q 18"

amp: Audio que 1200d

don't be a lazy ass and actually build it..that's the only way you'll get it to sound how you want it to.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

What about buying a box like this? And i never ruled out building a box i just want some opinions before i decide what im gonna do.

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-Kicker-PORTED-SUB-BOX-Comp-CompVX-CompVR-/300487326948?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f670bce4

hell no. there's like no port area at all..you don't have any other options unless you want to run sealed. build your own box.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

• 2 weeks later...

I personally would use a zx instead of the dx. More $ but a way better amp if you were wanting to stay with kicker.

Edited by AlexBryson

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS

Alright thanks, another question tho. If i were to get a kicker solo classic and build my own box for it would i need a different amp or would the DX 500 work?

Solo-CLassic:

That amp should be fine on the Solo-Classic and that is the sub that I would buy in Kickers prefab box because it only has one box recommendation unless you want it smaller than what the manufacture recommends.

CompVR;

I you want the CompVR and can't build your own ported box then get Kickers prefab ported box because it will give you the best sound out of any of the prefab boxes out there.

DX500.1 would be good on either sub.

EDIT: I say use the ZX or IX amps too.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png