Distortion Detector VS O-scope REASON #11 to use the DD-1

^^^^^x2

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That signal is not clipped. The spike looks to be from having a crossover on or something like that.

...did you read? At all? That was the entire point of the post. Dirty signal doesn't necessarily have to be clipping. Distortion lives in other ways.

I read fine but you missed my point. The spike on the sine wave is not distortion imo but from something else like noise. I have seen this before.

Explain......playing a test tone pure sine, and having any "noise" that is NOT "distortion".

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Hummmm. I understand your logic, I'm trying to think of something that can "distort" a sine without being "distortion".

Sure looks and sounds like a duck.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

There should be no discrepancy in the wave pattern if there was not distortion. Thats just not how it works. A scope is a dumb piece of equipment. It can not manipulate the info its being given. It only shows you what its being fed. in this case its the sine wave

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Sounds good, now since we all went out and bought TPI 440's (which have all of a sudden been dubbed cheap pieces of junk for some reason <_< ) and other forms of O-scopes based on your recommendation that using an o-scope was the only right way to set amplifier gains....how bout a little make up sex for the misinformation.

Im wondering where all these o-scope naysayers were back when that's all you herd about around here?

Maybe somebody I know will buy one first so i dont have to waste anymore money.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Sounds good, now since we all went out and bought TPI 440's (which have all of a sudden been dubbed cheap pieces of junk for some reason <_< ) and other forms of O-scopes based on your recommendation that using an o-scope was the only right way to set amplifier gains....how bout a little make up sex for the misinformation.

Im wondering where all these o-scope naysayers were back when that's all you herd about around here?

Maybe somebody I know will buy one first so i dont have to waste anymore money.

lol

and Punky you know if you come here I can help you setup the gains with my super cool dd1. :)

I have love for TDH like that. :)

Hummmm. I understand your logic, I'm trying to think of something that can "distort" a sine without being "distortion".

Sure looks and sounds like a duck.

reasons:

box flex

environment of car

transfer

that jacket laying on the back seat

the blow up doll in the front seat

bottle of mountain dew in the port

cracked window

window not rolled all the way up

there are actually alot of things