Distortion Detector VS O-scope REASON #11 to use the DD-1

Well I wish I could explain it, but I can't . I'm just saying that IMO the spike on the sine wave is something else.

If you cannot explain it then your reasoning behind it is flawed, therefore you should have not even commented in this post. But I can't explain why you know something you have seen before and yet explain it so I guess I shouldn't have commented either. Makes sense ?

Prob not just as your post didn't make much sense at all.

SMH

:ninja:

Edited by sensai

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Hummmm. I understand your logic, I'm trying to think of something that can "distort" a sine without being "distortion".

Sure looks and sounds like a duck.

reasons:

box flex

environment of car

transfer

that jacket laying on the back seat

the blow up doll in the front seat

bottle of mountain dew in the port

cracked window

window not rolled all the way up

there are actually alot of things

hows that? I can understand that if you were playing a sine wave through the speakers and reading with a mic, but how does any of that stuff interfere if the signal is being read at the amp, through the terminals, with the speaker unhooked?

anyway, i see the distortion light on, i see the wave that is not very clean and clearly has something going on. Whatever it is the DD-1 Picked it up! :good:

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

anyway, i see the distortion light on, i see the wave that is not very clean and clearly has something going on. Whatever it is the DD-1 Picked it up! :good:

It's magic as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully getting one of these with mah birfday money. May have to put that gaming computer build on hold. :drinks:

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Ric. Sorry, the electrical form of a sine. Lol

And punk, don't sell your scope. That's just stupid

I'll add more once I get to work

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I can rub my balls on yours ryan.

Then sign it for ya

That would be GREAT!!! A teabagged DD1... WOOHOO!!! lol

Sounds good, now since we all went out and bought TPI 440's (which have all of a sudden been dubbed cheap pieces of junk for some reason <_< ) and other forms of O-scopes based on your recommendation that using an o-scope was the only right way to set amplifier gains....how bout a little make up sex for the misinformation.

Im wondering where all these o-scope naysayers were back when that's all you herd about around here?

Maybe somebody I know will buy one first so i dont have to waste anymore money.

I was wondering when someone was gonna say that... I never bandwagoned up and bought one of the most necessary tools in the box O-scopes... But I do plan on getting this thing... It just looks too easy...

I want one too. I mean I dont regret getting the scope but damn, I thought I had a great tool. Now for some reason its being called a cheap POS?

Sounds good, now since we all went out and bought TPI 440's (which have all of a sudden been dubbed cheap pieces of junk for some reason <_< ) and other forms of O-scopes based on your recommendation that using an o-scope was the only right way to set amplifier gains....how bout a little make up sex for the misinformation.

Im wondering where all these o-scope naysayers were back when that's all you herd about around here?

Maybe somebody I know will buy one first so i dont have to waste anymore money.

lol

and Punky you know if you come here I can help you setup the gains with my super cool dd1. :)

I have love for TDH like that. :)

What a sweet heart.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

an oscope still has its uses, this just isnt one of them anymore.

its kinda like bag phones, they were pretty awesome when they were all you had for a mobile device, now theres new better things or the use. Its just how technology works.

Edited by James

its kinda like bag phones, they were pretty awesome when they were all you had for a mobile device, now theres new better things or the use. Its just how technology works.

this is a neat new tool but its has NOT made the oscope obsolete by any means. i did an experiment a little while back you can try. tune your mids with a 1000hz tone until its just under clipping. now, at the same volume, play a 100-200hz tone. try it and see if you dont get clipping. i had a video of this but for some reason it got corrupted on photobucket but i could make one again.

now if this thing had 40hz, 100hz, 500hz, and 5000hz. then it would replace my need for an oscope. and that would be nice, because my scope is large and needs to be plugged in. maybe the next version can have those?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I still use my scope.

I am not the person saying its a replacment

I have scoped over.... Jeez who even knows how many cars.

For the highs i use 0db 1k and always good

Subs i use 40 at -10

You dont think the first thing i did was put it up against my fluke?

But again.

This is not a clip light jason.

You of all people should understand distortion and being outside the rails or clipping is 2 different things.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Hummmm. I understand your logic, I'm trying to think of something that can "distort" a sine without being "distortion".

Sure looks and sounds like a duck.

reasons:

box flex

environment of car

transfer

that jacket laying on the back seat

the blow up doll in the front seat

bottle of mountain dew in the port

cracked window

window not rolled all the way up

there are actually alot of things

hows that? I can understand that if you were playing a sine wave through the speakers and reading with a mic, but how does any of that stuff interfere if the signal is being read at the amp, through the terminals, with the speaker unhooked?

That distortion in the waveform is caused by a Class A/B amplifier with the output device bias adjustment (internal) set too low. This is called "Crossover Distortion". NO not Crossover as in Low Pass ect! Crossover as in where the waveform crosses the 0V point and goes from positive voltage to negative voltage. The DD-1 looks for harmonic distortion, that is anything that is a harmonic of the fundamental. What that means is if you are playing 40Hz (the fundamental), the tool looks for things that are not 40Hz, which any noise, "spikes" whatever are not going to be 40Hz because if they were they would be the same as the fundamental and you wouldn't see them at all. Harmonic Distortions of 40Hz would be 80Hz, 120Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz...ect

this is a neat new tool but its has NOT made the oscope obsolete by any means. i did an experiment a little while back you can try. tune your mids with a 1000hz tone until its just under clipping. now, at the same volume, play a 100-200hz tone. try it and see if you dont get clipping. i had a video of this but for some reason it got corrupted on photobucket but i could make one again.

now if this thing had 40hz, 100hz, 500hz, and 5000hz. then it would replace my need for an oscope. and that would be nice, because my scope is large and needs to be plugged in. maybe the next version can have those?

If you have your bass, treb, eqs, ect turned to zero like the instructions for the DD-1 indicate, then you don't need to test all of these frequencies. We did 40Hz and 1kHz so that we could do full range amplifier and subwoofer only amplifiers.