Sonic Electronix

JL Audio / Studio Six Digital Iphone App vs. Termlab meter

AwJeezNotthisCrapAgain.jpg

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

I don't get the whole calibration thing. If the point of this app is to give you a reading, how are you supposed to calibrate it if you don't know what you are hitting?

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

I don't get the whole calibration thing. If the point of this app is to give you a reading, how are you supposed to calibrate it if you don't know what you are hitting?

Nail on the head.....

Clovis Custom Audio 559-392-3600

96 Silverado Single Cab

2-DD9515's Cut-through

1-DDSE Amp

Stock electrical and a couple small stingers, LOL

That's funny.

I may try to go by TC Audio at noon and see if they have a mic I can compare it to, and do a little video test.

Congratulations, now why'd you make this thread?

Figured someone had access to one already and a smart phone.

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

Try also the true RTA with your computer´s mic, way better than a termlab!!

Not available for mac, but have used it before, but not for that purpose.

TeamHT, it's to test the app. If you know what you are hitting on the term, then you adjust the app in it's mic calibration setup, so that it can read the same number.

Its very simple. I've said it time and time again, it's to test this app specifically.

For example, Let's say I borrowed the termlab mic and did a 40hz test tone on the dash and register a 129 db. And had the iphone with the app in the same place as the mic, but it said 79 db. For the app to read the same number (or close) I would need to calibrate it's mic in the application setup menu, by inputing 50.0. Then it will add 50 to the 79 reading when tested again and show 129 (hopefully). So the end result being the app and the termlab showing both a 129. And then to test it on other vehicles with known numbers, and see how close it is.

After calibration, It can give you a ballpark figure of what your hitting when there's little to no access to a meter. But, it's not meant to be used as an official meter when compared to results based on termlab.

If you wanted to test volume levels between two cars, or given interior noise levels inside the vehicles, you can set the calibration at 0, and sit in the first car and see how noisy it is, and then sit in the second car and see how noisy it is.

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

if you need a term lab to "calibrate " why not just use the term lab while you are there ???

this is stupid

also just like other "meters" the louder you go (even after calibration) the more readings change from one "mic" to the other even tho the term lab is not a mic its a sensor with an acceleromtier

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived