Sorry batt question

i have a 160alt and a optima red top  will adding another red top make my system louder thats what i want to know :-[ :^

Subs- 2AA Arsenal 15sAmps- Orion2500d/MemphisDoors- Infinity kapa/AA polymids(soon)Deck- Pioneer PrimerBox- 3.5 per chamber!!!!!!!!/28hzElectrical- two optima red tops/160alt(big 3 soon)OHIO BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any idea on voltage? btw you should probably add a yeller instead of the red.

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Guest MegaloManiac

will it make it sound louder? answer is yes & no. if you are getting voltage drops then the second battery will help maintain the voltage,therefore make the system a bit louder since it keep up with the notes.

if your electrical is fine then the second batt is just a larger storage bank

It could increase DB's if that's what you're asking...so long as you're suffering dips in voltage. As far as too the ear..there's no way you'll tell a difference by adding a batt. BTW..the Red Top is really designed as a starter battery..you should go with a yellow top if you're planning on adding another Optima in the back.

Archived