Solo x 18 tuning?

in the kicker manual it says the 6 cubes takes into account the sub and port displacement. so they are really saying they want around 5 cubes after displacement.

edit never mind.. now the site said port volumes are excluded. but my manual i got back with my L5 12s a while back said it was included

If you're not going to run 5kw id recommend 6-8 cubes tuned to 32-35 hz. Every solo x i've heard murders low notes

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

If you're not going to run 5kw id recommend 6-8 cubes tuned to 32-35 hz. Every solo x i've heard murders low notes

I have heard 2 18" SoloX's.. tuned to 35hz.. that tuning is the recommened way to go, you wont be disappointed on those higher notes, but IMO not that great on the low end.

10 ft3 is fine. The solo x 18" has more cone area than a 21" meaning it needs more airspace than a round 18. That's also why the L5 and L7 15's can be in a box that could be perfect for an 18" round sub.

did Dr. Subwoofer tell you to tune to 35 hz? And i'm pretty sure 10 cubes is pretty damn big for an 18...but i've never ran a solo x...what power do you have going to it

You're from Lexington, KY? That is awesome, man. Because that's exactly where I live. :) What system you got, if you don't mind me asking. I got two tens (L7 kicker) powered by KX1200.1. Planning to upgrade next year or so.

(Sorry about being off-topic).

So i have been reading up on the forum and it seams no one is going by kicker specs on there boxes? The reason I wanted to do 10cuft was because thats on the manuel. I had 2 kicker l7 15s in 6cuft each and I liked them, wich is what they recomend. but Im new and dont realy have.anything to compare too. So thats why I wanted to go by the manuel. So what would you guys recomend? Im still waning to go 49inches long by 20-21 inches high to cover up all the space in my.avalanche midagate, if it can be done that is?

Ps I have seen those m

Since I had it handy - I checked the Kicker U Lite app on my phone.

Min Ported is 5.048cf NET airspace ( after displacement )

Max Ported is 10.002cf NET

Both say tune to 35hz for best performance.

Id put it between 6.5-8.5cf after displacement @ 35hz tuning !

Also says "Slot Port Dimensions: 60 sq. in. x 15" long" if that helps any with building box.

Doesnt give me any form of dimensions for ported box, but it gives me the panel dimensions for sealed.

Doubt you wanna go with sealed for this build but Ill throw it out there anyways since the app provides it.

Min Sealed is 6.038cf

Max Sealed is 12.024

:good:

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!