'91 Civic Hatch | (1)15" on 500 watts 31Hz | Low Power Bigger Output

Oh for sure man! Meet up when I get the new amp on my existing subs, then when I get the single 15" in it's own box on 600 watts.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 3 weeks later...

Today is a new day!!! My garage floor is finally able to withhold vehicles again. Thanks to my uncles, they epoxied my garage floor as a gift to my mother. So today I am going to take my car into the garage and start cutting lengths and measuring up everything for the Big 3 which I will install tomorrow! I will take some pics of my garage, floor looks amazing by the way, along with that I finally have my battery terminals which is all I was waiting for to do my big 3, then the garage.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

So yesterday I did forget to take picture of the floor, will do that today when i go to install the big 3. Yesterday I cut all the wires down to length for the big 3, set up the fuse and fuse holder for the Pos wire, and got all the ring terminals crimped on. Just need to wait for this morning when I get a grinder to grind down the battery ground spot, a drill to make the ring terminals a tad bit bigger and a torch so I can solder up the ring terminals for full connection. First I would like to start off with pics of my rear rear brakes after they exploded.

DSCI0038.jpg

DSCI0039.jpg

I replaced the cylinder and it's all running well now just need to rebleed the brakes will be done in the afternoon today.

DSCI0036.jpg

DSCI0037.jpg

This is the amp I was looking into to getting locally

DSCI0040.jpg

But sadly went into protect from the second I plugged it up and gave it power.

DSCI0047-1.jpg

Here is a 2awg distribution block that I have, but I have 1awg wire that wont fit in it.

DSCI0054.jpg

When I was throwing it around I noticed something jiggling, turns out the center piece can be removed, now fits 1/0awg!!!

DSCI0055.jpg

Here is a pic of the engine block ground, and I new before that the wire was exposed, and even though I am going to be replacing it today, I was like hell I'll give myself something to do and covered it up for a possible future use when I put the car back to stock if I want to sell in the future.

DSCI0048.jpg

DSCI0049.jpg

Here's a picture of one of the terminals

DSCI0052.jpg

And here is a picture of all my Big 3 wires ready to install.

DSCI0056.jpg

Along with doing the big 3 today, I will also be doing 2 runs straight to the back for pos neg, will be looking for another distro block for future use so I can use multiple amps.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

So the other day I had done the big 3 and the results where great. But in my eagerness to get the power wire installed and go out and bump, I didn't remove the fuse. Arced to the amp while installing the wire and smelt something burnt, didn't really even put one and one together until I turned my car on and see the green light didn't come on. Sucks really bad, but hey was a mistake, was my buddy's amp though, he was informed right after. I plan on getting him a MB Quart 4.60 in replace of this. Also my dad is a beast, tomorrow he is going to buy me an MB Quart 4.60. Then I will be back on the savings again to get the HPN-500 and IVX-15. Here are pics though of the Big 3 install. Here they are.

This is where I was going to put my ground, but once I got it off, realized I couldn't get the dremmel or the grinder to get in the back part. So I chose another ground which was way closer.

DSCI0057.jpg

This was the place i chose next, the battery will sit just above the new spot.

DSCI0058.jpg

But thanks to my dumbass, I over tightened the nut and broke it.

DSCI0059.jpg

From switching locations for frame ground, here is a pic of old ground to new one.

DSCI0060.jpg

Here is my alt, right under the intake, such a small location, a real bitch to remove and put that nut back on.

DSCI0061.jpg

You can see how I have a washer on there. The stock ring terminal fits on the inside of that brown plastic housing. So I took washers that fit, and stacked them up so I can place my ring terminal for the Big 3 on top of it, and keep a 100% connection between the bottom plate and the new ring terminal.

Shits so small!

DSCI0062.jpg

Finished products!

DSCI0064.jpg

DSCI0065.jpgDSCI0066.jpg

Previously my highest resting voltage I had ever seen on my car was a 13.85, and that was after driving for quite a while. This was the reading I got on the first fire up of the new installation.

DSCI0063.jpg

I have more pics from what I did tonight, Cleaned up my wire collection, and measured all my spare wireing so I can sell it all off.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I appreciate it but I must decline. My USB port doesn't work but I am fine with it. The rest of it all works perfectly and I like the triple RCA's outs and full x-over control. Thanks again.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Ok so heres the rest of the pics, and I will toss in some pics of my garage floor. Here we go!

Wire collection, all tangled up :(

DSCI0009.jpg

DSCI0008.jpg

Then after cleaning it all up so I can use in the future.

DSCI0011.jpg

I don't know about you guys, but from the little work I did on my car, I have thrown out many snips of wires in the garbage. Why not save it all till you got a bunch and sell all the copper?! So I started to collect.

DSCI0010.jpg

Heres the garage, I will take another pic tomorrow from the alley into the garage so you can get a better look.

DSCI0007.jpg

DSCI0019.jpg

Also for those interested, I have some 1awg wire 4awg and 8awg power wire for sale!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141895-fs-power-wire/

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally got to opening up my amplifier. I got the majority of the case off, but the realized that there was another 25+ screws to take off, and some of them where soldered to the board. I just decided then to leave it, was to much to do for me at the time. When I get some free time I will try to take the board off to see if there is any damage on the underside because there is no damage on the top part but there is a burn mark on an object near the Main wire connects. I have it circled in red on the picture of the full view of the amp. Here are the pics.

Top left of it you'll see it.

DSCI0027-1.jpg

Heres some pics of one of the soldered screws

DSCI0030-1.jpg

DSCI0032-1.jpg

Then I also noticed that the RCA connector for the amp is connected through pin connectors. Might be able to use this for something in the future!

DSCI0028-1.jpg

DSCI0029-1.jpg

And I was board, Here my desk setup, laptop on the left with a 21" monitor.

DSCI0033.jpg

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Oh I almost forgot. I ordered a MB Quart 4.60, The money is on it's way to paypal, once it reaches there it will be sent to sonic electronix and the shipping will start. I will be going on vacation, camping with my pops from thursday to sunday so hopefully when I get back it will be here and I can install it. Along with that, hopefully when I get back I will be able to complete a program I am doing at a school and receive some money, which I already ave a parts list of many things I will be getting. If I get everything on this list, in the future only thing I will need to get is just speakers, amps, my 2 batts and the alt and I am all done.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm