Sonic Electronix

HA HA HA.

Sigh, it really is amusing.

I remember when I had my first beer. :drinks:

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

Over 9,000 watts clamped here. No tinsel issues. Coil? Maybe... :pardon: But like it's been said, the only evidence some people wish to see is what furthers THEIR own point of view. The hypocrisy never ends, it is just continued on. But some refuse to see that and prefer to call it...teaching the masses.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Ps.

Ive never has an ascendant tinsel fry

Including my 3yr old mayhems.

And thats with 7k clamped on each one.

Every instance I have seen it, it was setups that were pounded hard every day. I fed mine double rms when i had them. I never had a problem either. The convincing part for me was after every user gave up the brand, the tinsel problem dissapeared. From what we have read here, the vegas boys even changed how they building subs these days... with a different tinsel setup. Fried is a funny way to put it and it is really more of a byproduct of a weakened tinsel that is about to break from being mechanically stressed. once the heat gets to it, it is a compounding problem. Tinsels in between laminated spiders... ewwww

-All Black 6's

-HID'ed and LED'ed

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

Ps.

Every instance I have seen it, it was setups that were pounded hard every day. I fed mine double rms when i had them. i never had a problem either. The convincing part for me was after every user gave up the brand, the tinsel problem dissapeared and from what we have read here, is that the vegas boys even changed how they building subs these days witha different tinsel setup. Fried is a funny way to put it and is really more of a byproduct of a weakened and tinsel that is about to break from stress. once the heat gets to it, it is a compounding problem.

Why should a company be responsible for user error/abuse? The microwave thing is still BS though.

so tell me what forums are educational? Im guessing diyma. Where most members sense of self worth is much higher than it really should be. Bottom line SMD has more members with ridiculously loud rides than any other forum bar none. Ca.com is a joke. Caco well its caco. IF you arent 17 its just not for you. carsound sounddomain and termpro are all dead. SSA is pretty decent as well. Ive been around a long time and you come off as the prototypical dick who crispied some tinsel leads and want someone else to cover it. Come down off your high horse its a long fall when someone knocks the legs off it Derrick

Serious question: does having loud members make a forum good? Since I've been moved to night shift I have a lot more time to browse the forums and other then more traffic SMD is no better then any others out there.

I don't see as much childish crap on here, but I see just as many stupid answers and uninformed questions. Nuthuggery is abundant here like most forums even though the "no vs threads" rule does keep the BS to a minimum...

Ps.

Every instance I have seen it, it was setups that were pounded hard every day. I fed mine double rms when i had them. i never had a problem either. The convincing part for me was after every user gave up the brand, the tinsel problem dissapeared and from what we have read here, is that the vegas boys even changed how they building subs these days witha different tinsel setup. Fried is a funny way to put it and is really more of a byproduct of a weakened and tinsel that is about to break from stress. once the heat gets to it, it is a compounding problem.

Why should a company be responsible for user error/abuse? The microwave thing is still BS though.

Nobody implied that they should. I fed mine double rms and I didn't have a problem so I am not holding anybody responsible. Every case where I seen anyone have a tinsel problem, the sub was not being over powered, more like underpowered.

Good example: two 800 watt rms subs being fed by a name brand 1200 watt rms amp.... end up with all open coils in less than a year.

Fully loaded btl on a kicker 1500... open coil, recone,then sub caught on fire. Customer pays every time.

1250 rms sub being fed by 1000 rms, catches on fire.

800 watt rms sub, 500 watt memphis amp, one open coil in 3 months, the other in less than 9

Am I supposed to beliece these pussy ass amps are delivering power levels to inxinerate these tinsel leads?

Each case, and others, the subs were replaced with other brands with no more problems.

-All Black 6's

-HID'ed and LED'ed

Let's not forget port area should be based on box volume and anything over 16 sqin per cuft is for SPL only.

Got 2 myths in one in that statement!

:clapping:

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

so tell me what forums are educational? Im guessing diyma. Where most members sense of self worth is much higher than it really should be. Bottom line SMD has more members with ridiculously loud rides than any other forum bar none. Ca.com is a joke. Caco well its caco. IF you arent 17 its just not for you. carsound sounddomain and termpro are all dead. SSA is pretty decent as well. Ive been around a long time and you come off as the prototypical dick who crispied some tinsel leads and want someone else to cover it. Come down off your high horse its a long fall when someone knocks the legs off it Derrick

Serious question: does having loud members make a forum good? Since I've been moved to night shift I have a lot more time to browse the forums and other then more traffic SMD is no better then any others out there.

I don't see as much childish crap on here, but I see just as many stupid answers and uninformed questions. Nuthuggery is abundant here like most forums even though the "no vs threads" rule does keep the BS to a minimum...

/no it doesnt make it good but it does give you a much wider base of loud guys to help. you know as well as I do that everyone wants to be loud and unless youve done it and built it you really have no idea what it takes. They may not be the best fabricators but they do know a ton about almost every aspect in the car audio world. Unless they had someone else build it for them and just turn the knob lol (no offense to those guys) I do agree the nuthigging is beyond ridiculous. I attribute that to alot of people having only touched brand a or brand b so of course since they own it there could possibly be nothing better and since theyve never owned anything else it has to be true.

I did try to pass a motion that any comment of xxxx ftw etc resulted in a 24 hour suspension but couldnt make it happen.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Some thick headed, low intelligence, ignorant, morons think I am actually janitor.

whos the moron now? i knew you were not a janitor wow full of your self much? lmao do you have an angry face on when you type your replys? like ohhhh im give this guy a verbal beat down with intelligence to bad your lacking common sense

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived