Sonic Electronix

so tell me what forums are educational? Im guessing diyma. Where most members sense of self worth is much higher than it really should be. Bottom line SMD has more members with ridiculously loud rides than any other forum bar none. Ca.com is a joke. Caco well its caco. IF you arent 17 its just not for you. carsound sounddomain and termpro are all dead. SSA is pretty decent as well. Ive been around a long time and you come off as the prototypical dick who crispied some tinsel leads and want someone else to cover it. Come down off your high horse its a long fall when someone knocks the legs off it Derrick

Serious question: does having loud members make a forum good? Since I've been moved to night shift I have a lot more time to browse the forums and other then more traffic SMD is no better then any others out there.

I don't see as much childish crap on here, but I see just as many stupid answers and uninformed questions. Nuthuggery is abundant here like most forums even though the "no vs threads" rule does keep the BS to a minimum...

for the most part i agree with everything, they are all about the same. I think its really just about which crowd you feel like putting up with at the time.

Diyma - buy something ridiculously expensive to have 2 weeks later it bashed because the new in sq line is out

SSA - sorry but this site is mostly full of jackasses including but not limited to the owner who ban/censor anything whatsoever that isnt with the grain.

CA.com - having that name im guessing is why they still get a ton of traffic thats mostly just spam. hell the majority of thier post is off topic.

SMD - pretty much what ca.com was in like 04-05, busy , there's knowledge but you have to dig to get it. I'm really not around enough anymore to know the current dynamics

ROE - dead

caco - just a good place to buy used gear, nothing more, definitely not a hangout spot for me.

then all the manu forums spread across every forum what a joke.

I think the myth out of all of this is that there is a defacto best car audio forum. All that happens over the years is that people migrate from place to place, the old members are pretty much the migrants from when the other sites were popular.

another myth, that because your a moderator of a car audio based forum, that you need to know car audio...there's been plenty in the past who were clueless, but it honestly doesn't matter when the places aren't any longer "car audio" forums but large hangouts. They become more babysitters then anything. Hell you most often wont see a moderator post in a thread on most any forum until something is dramafest.

Id have to say a large majority of my posts are drama or rule related threads.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Thanks for dragging me in here ray .M

Myth.

Alpine can burp a 60 without blowing up any equipment in the lane

Myth.

Bill can build one of his cars and still do a good number.

Myth

My fuckin suburban. Lmao

hey i have plenty of vids of me doing 60's even in the lanes with out blowing anything up soooo :P

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Myth...only run RMS otherwise you could overpower the sub/s

I have ran 3x rms without problems for daily driver...so I will never get that one

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Myth...only run RMS otherwise you could overpower the sub/s

I have ran 3x rms without problems for daily driver...so I will never get that one

do that on a sony xplode.... dare ya

also, is that clamped 3x the power or just going off the amp specs? because going off the amp specs and real world power is 2 different things lol

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

ill show my car to a girl sometimes and they go, OH i have a friends that is so loud... It shakes the whole inside of his car. More stuff shakes in his than your.... *slap my own head* -_-

Ye dig, getting loud off little :D

(2) AQ HDC3 12

AQ 2200D - Replaced it, Works great

AQ4x90

JBL 662s 2 ways

(2)XS 5100r under the hood & A 170amp alt

idk if this is a myth but mechman said it was lol well someone there said that..for the big 3 the engine block ground is pointless cuz your engine ground does not charge your alt, the alt does, so instead of grounding the engine block to chassis/battery neg u run a wire from a bolt on the alt bracket to the battery neg? is this true or false..also xs power said the same thing..this is new to me and maybe some ppl on here

Archived