Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fennygolf

T1000-1 Repair Estimate

13 posts in this topic

hello i bought a Rf T1000-1 off a fellow firefighter and i was wondering how much it would cost to get her running again havent tried to power her up yet im not wanting her to look pretty cause i can clean her up i just need her running again already have a sub ready for her to marry up too soo heres some pictures

soundsystem002-Copy.jpg

soundsystem004-Copy.jpg

soundsystem005-11.jpg

amp001.jpg

amp002.jpg

amp004.jpg

amp005.jpg

amp006.jpg

amp007.jpg

amp008.jpg

amp009.jpg

we think these 4 capacitors are shot

amp010.jpg

amp011.jpg

amp012.jpg

amp013.jpg

amp014.jpg

amp015.jpg

on the corner of this cover piece where the protect/thermal/power lights are there a dried white liquid thought id throw that in there

amp016.jpg

amp017.jpg

thanks for all your help its an amp ive wanted for a LONG time just wish it would work hahaha any help at all is appreciated

thanks alot fennygolf(matt)

just curious, but why is there a jumper cable from the remote to the ground??

RF charges flat rate pricing for amp repairs, its not pretty. But i'd check out ARC and see what they can do for you

Um, RF may be a friend of the site and forum, but I do not think they actually have a technician on the forum who checks and does what you are looking for. I would try to contact RF directly instead of 3rd party.

just curious, but why is there a jumper cable from the remote to the ground??

RF charges flat rate pricing for amp repairs, its not pretty. But i'd check out ARC and see what they can do for you

ohhh hahaha there isnt just got bored its 12 gauge wire for a remote and i just stuck it in there just shits and giggles

Um, RF may be a friend of the site and forum, but I do not think they actually have a technician on the forum who checks and does what you are looking for. I would try to contact RF directly instead of 3rd party.

alright thanks im gonna give ARC a shout out also

The dried white stuff is probably thermal paste from the old owner taking the board completely out. (it gets messy) If the caps are bulged they are shot. Also it looks like two of those mosfets are crispy where the solder joint is.

Hopefully the old owner didn't attempt to fix it when he had the board out.

Good luck.

The dried white stuff is probably thermal paste from the old owner taking the board completely out. (it gets messy) If the caps are bulged they are shot. Also it looks like two of those mosfets are crispy where the solder joint is.

Hopefully the old owner didn't attempt to fix it when he had the board out.

Good luck.

i hope not either cause i hate the word hopefully

those solder joints all look pretty factory to me. rf flate rate is probably going to be expensive btw

those solder joints all look pretty factory to me. rf flate rate is probably going to be expensive btw

which solder joints are yall talking about?

factory or not im saying they look liek they might be busted. if the top of the cap is flat then its probably still good but if it has a dome on it sorta then its probably broken. but it doesnt make a difference no one can really tell whats busted on an amp by looks. unless your board is burnt of the fets blew up where they burnt or broke apart theres little visual tells of broken parts. and even if there was thats never ever the "only" problem

make sure to tell whoever your getting estimates from that its an 05-07 T10001bd. alot of repair shops wont go near those amps with a 10ft pole because replacing fets is much harder then alot of amps out there.