What do you think of my first build?

hey im liken it but, may i suggest 6 or 8gb of ram. it will help especially because ur using the 2500k.

If you read he has 2 x 4gb which is 8gb...

Also, like others have said, try to get a PSU from a more reputable company as it's something you do not want to skimp out on, considering it can be the one thing that makes or breaks the system.

Edited by DefconZero

I really think you should save up for the 6970. They're definitely doing to drop in price around October, which is before all the latest and greatest stuff comes out anyway. Then again, I'm always one for saving up and getting the next model up :P

A 6870 or 6850 would be decent choices. I much prefer them over the nvidia cards.

Yea I was thinking about that but I know I cant wait till october, already been waiting a very long time to be able to play anything new. I will most likely stick with the 6850, for now at least. I could always sell it later when I get more cash for something better. Thanks a lot for the suggestions.

hey im liken it but, may i suggest 6 or 8gb of ram. it will help especially because ur using the 2500k.

If you read he has 2 x 4gb which is 8gb...

Also, like others have said, try to get a PSU from a more reputable company as it's something you do not want to skimp out on, considering it can be the one thing that makes or breaks the system.

I havent heard much about Ultra except that this particular psu is an extremely good buy (really good reviews). Very glad they steered me this way because I WAS looking at Kingwin and Rosewill till I heard they were pretty bad. I guess we will find out in a week or so if handles decently enough..STILL waiting on the ram to arrive tho, then gonna order the gpu on thursday.

EDIT: Something I might want to add, the ram is dual channel, not separately bought.

Edited by Velvetdreams21

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)