06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

Either that or mount em in the middle of your by. 9's on the rear deck. Now go to my build and help me with my questions :peepwall:

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I like the idea but since you have that hole between your rear seats why not do the bit one and other components there in the middle of your girls sorta like how the flux capacitor was in the dlorean and as far as tank and compressor goes you can mount that on the lid get stronger struts and call it a day. I think components in that center area on display in the vehicle lit well would be a nice touch.

There's not enough room to make it look good in that area. That was cut out so sound could travel easier. I don't want to plug it up by putting stuff in there.

I agree on the trunk lid. I don't know that the compressor will fit up there, but the tank would look sick up there. Paint it matte black and slap a Hertz logo in the middle, WINNING! :yahoo: Then do the struts and call that good. At one point I had talked about doing linear actuators to auto lift the trunk, but I think that was a sort of pipe dream. I've talked my self down off that ledge. Maybe when it's all done, and I get ambitious I might try and tackle a project like that.

Linear actuators are actually not hard I saw a kit on ebay its not cheap but it would be cool I steered clear because I am having trunk locking issues now but yeah all sounds like a plan to me.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Linear actuators are actually not hard I saw a kit on ebay its not cheap but it would be cool I steered clear because I am having trunk locking issues now but yeah all sounds like a plan to me.

Yea they're not that hard tk do, but i wantes mine hooked to my alarm so i could hit a button and open it. To do that, it needs to unlatch, then a half second later activate the actuator. Then i need to have it close and latch and my trunk latch is pretty stiff so im not aure it would actually latch. Someone told me to just remove the latch cause the actuators would lock it in place but i dont trust that theory. To do all that id need timers etc. A wiring nightmare. Buttons in front to open and close from the front, and a button to close from the back.

What would be really sick would be if i could get one of those screw down larches like the Lexuses have so it gets to a certain point and then pulls itself down. Know what im talking about?

Yeah I do but I will do you one better how about a setup like on newer suvs or luxury cars where you press a button to auto close the trunk and it locks. In theory this could work if instead of a button there put it on a transmitter that links to the alarm remote plus have a switch in the car. I think it would be very possible and not so hard but you just need to figure out the mechanics of those locking systems and how they work.

As for your friend tell him his theory is void I had a customer come in a few weeks ago and his trunk was converted with linear actuators but the motor burned and the trunk refused to open well we put the key in the trunk lock unlatched and after a few good yanks the strut opened.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I think Acura suvs come with the push button trunk automated closing feature and in all actuality its the same company so the function should be easy to mod

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Honda Oddessy has them too. Problem is, if I get something like those, I'll be paying out the ass for them. I'm better off designing my own. Won't be that difficult. I just wanna concentrate on audio at the moment.

Speaking of audio, I've got a new idea! I know it never stops, my mind never shuts off and it's a little bit of a burden sometimes. To make the project short and sweet in summary, I'm going to put my Alpine CDA-9886 in the glove box, and then custom mount the face plate in the headliner. :peepwall:

The HVAC controls will go in the cubby in front of the shifter in the center console.

Do I need another project, hell no! But will it be fun? HELL YES!!!

Honda Oddessy has them too. Problem is, if I get something like those, I'll be paying out the ass for them. I'm better off designing my own. Won't be that difficult. I just wanna concentrate on audio at the moment.

Speaking of audio, I've got a new idea! I know it never stops, my mind never shuts off and it's a little bit of a burden sometimes. To make the project short and sweet in summary, I'm going to put my Alpine CDA-9886 in the glove box, and then custom mount the face plate in the headliner. :peepwall:

The HVAC controls will go in the cubby in front of the shifter in the center console.

Do I need another project, hell no! But will it be fun? HELL YES!!!

JUNKYARD + WRECKED ODDESSY = Winning :yahoo:

That HU idea sounds fucking boss damn I can't wait to see this :popcorn: and yes you don't need anymore side project in this build but that actually sounds like a really good idea.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Archived