06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

hi scoot!!! how are you? your mom? it's all ok now?

I'm doing well actually. I'm headed out to see her today. First time in a week. It's not all ok really, but it's on the road to there. That's about all I can say. Things are getting better! Thanks for asking!

PAC module or maybe snafu can whip something up.

Actually I'll probably just pick up an Axxess Universal one. It's pretty easy to work with! Thanks!

Ok guys. So I went to Home Depot after bootcamp this morning and picked up a couple things. I got a Rabbeting bit for the router, and a couple small sheets of 1/4"(approx) acrylic. I'm going to finish breakfast, and get out and see if I can get this amp rack put together before the Niner game starts! Hopefully I can do that! Hopefully pics up later! :peepwall:

Ok guys. So I went to Home Depot after bootcamp this morning and picked up a couple things. I got a Rabbeting bit for the router, and a couple small sheets of 1/4"(approx) acrylic. I'm going to finish breakfast, and get out and see if I can get this amp rack put together before the Niner game starts! Hopefully I can do that! Hopefully pics up later! :peepwall:

Finally ;) hahaha jk

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Well as depressed as I am cause my Niners lost, I'm going to update anyway! Here we go!

I managed to get some work done today. I know I was working on the tablet and some other stuff a while back and I decided to try and switch gears a bit to get this thing moving along. I decided I needed to get the trunk done before I go any further in the front. So I went out today and got that started.

I started to redo the rear deck amp rack. If you will recall I was building the old one already and that was before I switched from the LRx amps to the Hertz HDP amps. Basically I used the same rack I already started, but I removed the front panel, and put in a new one which I had to kerf so that it would go along the curve of the base.

Next I had to make the cover panel, and some templates, etc. I'll let the pics do the talking. Here goes!

Here we have the 3 amps (2 HDP4's and an HDP5), the birch precut from the last build, and some other tools.

DSC05302.jpg

Here you can see I had to lay out the amps.

DSC05303.jpg

DSC05304.jpg

Then it was time to cover them up so I could start the process of making templates etc.

DSC05305.jpg

DSC05306.jpg

Decided to change it up cause it really effected the outlining with the tape.

DSC05307.jpg

DSC05308.jpg

DSC05309.jpg

DSC05310.jpg

DSC05311.jpg

Got my trusty rigid jigsaw out to cut the templates out. I was originally going to use a rabbeting bit with the router, but after looking at it, and thinking about it, it wasn't going to work. These amps step up in the middle and then there are some other reasons it just wasn't going to work. So, jigsaw it is!

DSC05312.jpg

DSC05313.jpg

I thought these were going to be a problem. They angle out, the bottom or base is wider than the top of the amp. But as you will see later, it doesn't effect it at all.

DSC05314.jpg

HDP5

DSC05316.jpg

HDP4

DSC05317.jpg

DSC05318.jpg

Lets get the rack altered and built. This was the front piece I had to remove and replace to go out to the curved edge. Right now it's straight as a rectangle. The middle HDP5 amp won't fit this way! Need more room!

DSC05319.jpg

Kerfs laid out

DSC05320.jpg

and cut

DSC05321.jpg

Nice man! Diggin it!

Current Builds:
1996 Suburban 1987 Porsche 924S
Owner: Pops Owner: Me
Clarion NZ500 Alpine CDA-9827
3 Sundown SA-12's 2 Kenwood KFC-W3012
1 Sundown SAZ-3500 1 JL Audio 500/1v2
4 Alpine SPS-610C 4 Sony Explod
2 Alpine SPS-170A Custom iPhone/iPod Dock
1 Alpine MPR-F300 Custom upholstered seats
1 DC Power 190 amp OEM Series alt
1 Optima Redtop batt
1 Maxx start batt
0 Gauge KnuKonceptz wiring all around
LOTS OF LEDS!
Custom Chevy Xbox 360
19" LED Vizio tv

COMING SOON!:
custom amp rack custom amp rack
2 Alpine SPS-610C's 4 infinity 6432cpf's
second custom Chevy Xbox 360 2 kenwood KFC-W3012's
Second Skin Damplifier Pro and more to plan!
iPad 2 dash mount
and MUCH MORE TO COME!!

MY OTHER BUDS SUNDOWN 06 PILOT BUILD!

MY BUDS AWESOME 04 TUNDRA BUILD!

KENWOOD INFINITY 87 PORSCHE BUILD!

Sundown Alpine 96 Burban Build!
[/color]
Check me out on Youtube at:
Youtube.com/1987porsche924

Got it on, and now it's time to trim up the cover panel. First I needed to router trim it, but this won't matter much later. You'll see.

DSC05322.jpg

Trim bit

DSC05323.jpg

Not really happy with that joint, but I know it this will need some finishing so I'll take care of that then.

DSC05324.jpg

Trimmed up!

DSC05325.jpg

Now that I've got that done, it was time to do some templates.

Rabbeting bit

DSC05326.jpg

My jigsaw cut templates, these need to be smaller, which is where the rabbeting bit comes into play.

DSC05327.jpg

Cut out. New template on top, old on the bottom.

DSC05328.jpg

Now using those templates, I put a flush trim bit in, and cut my new final templates for the bottom layer of the cover.

DSC05329.jpg

PERFECT FIT! Beautiful, I couldn't be happier! This is the HDP4

DSC05330.jpg

Archived