06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

Iv'e gotten lots of work done this weekend folks! I'm off today so I'm going to try and get the headlights done, but it may not happen. We'll have to wait and see what time does. Of course the day I have off, it's raining like crazy! Oh well. I've got a lot of pics to post, but that won't be till probably tonight.

Ok so here's some updates. Lots of pictures here. These are the last few projects before I get onto strictly audio. That should make some people happy!

I'm not going to identify each one, there's too much. I'll just summarize now. I've been working on these retro projector shrouds for a while now, way longer than I wanted to, but everyone know's my situation. I just don't have all day to work on my car, as much as I'd love to be able to. So I have to take my time here and there when I'm able to take it.

So these shrouds have been finished and then stepped back to about 90% now. I spent all day yesterday and half a day on Saturday sanding and filling and priming and painting. They were done this morning. Then, of course as I always do, I just had to try something out. I spoke a while back when I first started the shroud project, that I was either going to carbon fiber them or try carbon fiber vinyl or just go black. Well I went black and they looked killer, and I just couldn't leave well enough alone. So today I put some carbon fiber vinyl on them, and was worried about the heat so I cleared them with some engine clear coat. That just didn't work. While it would've protected them I'm sure, they really lost the carbon fiber effect. So I wasn't happy with that.

I took the cfv off only to really do a number on the paint below as well as break some of the shroud. So I'm fixing that now and by next weekend it'll be black again. That's how it'll stay and be ready for install. So, here are all the pics.

DSC04570.jpg

DSC04571.jpg

DSC04573.jpg

DSC04574.jpg

DSC04578.jpg

DSC04579.jpg

DSC04581.jpg

DSC04582.jpg

DSC04583.jpg

So after that was done, and the frustration was over sort of, I decided to move over to the Scan Gauge II pod. Sanding on this. I'll have to do a coat of topper and then sand it down and it should be pretty close after that. This will get CFV on it as a final layer. Here are those pics!

DSC04588.jpg

DSC04589.jpg

DSC04590.jpg

DSC04591.jpg

DSC04592.jpg

DSC04593.jpg

DSC04633.jpg

DSC04634.jpg

DSC04635.jpg

DSC04636.jpg

So that's it for the updates this weekend. I can tell you I HATE sanding and that's pretty much all I did this weekend! But I'm closer to finishing these projects, plus I still have the fog lights to do. Then, ON TO AUDIO! Thanks for tuning in!

You are a whiz at wrapping with DiNOC (that stuff makes me go crazy), I say go with the DiNOC without clear.

Oh it's no picnic! My fingers are sooo mad at me today! I ripped the skin from under my nail from pushing and pulling and flattening so much. But I do like that way, the problem is, the angles are so hard, and it does cause some pretty good creases in it. Specifically on the bottom, and in other places too. I was concerned about it holding up under the heat of the lights though. I thought it would melt or bubble. I'd love to do it and leave it if I can be sure it'll hold up.

Archived