Finnaly Somthing Good Happens

So yesterday (oct.15) wen i was pulling out of my school parking lot this lady bumps into my bumper. I was initially pretty pissed off cause it felt like she had hit me pretty hard. So i go around to the rear of my car as everyone at my school stairs at us in the middle of the parking lot. And there is only 2 little marks. Not even noticable to the human eye. So i bassically told her i want this fixed and i want cash. She said sure sure whatever you want. So today i went to the local able auto body to get an estimate. He quoted me 400$ to repaint the bumper. So i got a nice cheque for 400$ from the lady, FOR 2 LITTLE SCRATCHES. Just awsome. Unfortunatly, One of my best freinds also got rear ended yesterday. His truck is in much worse shape though. He was just rear ended 2 weeks ago and just got it fixed 3 days ago. Then the exact same thing happens to him again.

OO and with the money i went out and bought an XBOX 360 halo 3 edition lol felt like giving myself a present.

Edited by civichatch

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

And there is only 2 little marks. Not even noticable to the human eye.
So i got a nice cheque for 400$ from the lady, FOR 2 LITTLE SCRATCHES. Just awsome.

I really can't say too much, seeing as almost the exact same thing happened to me except for the fact mine was a dent, not 2 "Not even noticable" scratches. Also, I used the money to fix my car, and then do some other things for my car. Every bit of that money plus some went back into my car, & not just blown elsewhere. Honestly bro, even though she did fuck up your shit, i think you are looking at it the wrong way. But what's done is done, so atleast fix your car, and not blow it.

Pics?

EDIT: I just saw your edit to buy your xbox 360. I really should just delete this, but i will wait for others opinons. Honestly, thats low dude. - Cool points for you in my book.

Edited by bibby

dude its impossible to take a picture of what shes done. Its not even noticable. The screws on her license plate are the only thing that touchd my car. And they didnt even really break the paint. My car is beeing repainted in March so im not going to waste 400$ on repainting my bumper especailly when chances are the paint wont even match. And I thought a 360 and halo 3 was a good way to spend the money because i already have everything i want done to my car. I just got a new job today making alot more money then before. So with this money i did somthing for myself. I absolutely love my car and freak out wen somone even runs there finger along the paint when its dirty. So im not some idiot hu is just taking advantage of a situation.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

Im sorry but I got the same opinion as bibby so I gotta agree with him...

If you absoultly love your car, and freak out over something so minor as you say, you would of stock that money back into your baby and keep it looking fresh.

If its barley see it then why did you want cash?

If you would of gotten the money from her/your insurance company and then spent it on something else instead of repairing your car it would be considered fraud, and you could get in a lil bit of trouble.

i agree...i mean its cool and all u scored some extra money...but if it was me and it wasnt even noticable, i probably would have just said dont worry about it..

Edited by amatt85

i likes me some audio stuff...

making more money than you were before? i kinda look at it like stealing the $400. my friend backed up into my hatch of my SUV and dented it all to hell. almost $1k in damage. MOST likely going to have to come out of my pocket, unless his brother pays it from his military sign on bonus, which is in another 5 months

dude its impossible to take a picture of what shes done. Its not even noticable. The screws on her license plate are the only thing that touchd my car. And they didnt even really break the paint. My car is beeing repainted in March so im not going to waste 400$ on repainting my bumper especailly when chances are the paint wont even match. And I thought a 360 and halo 3 was a good way to spend the money because i already have everything i want done to my car. I just got a new job today making alot more money then before. So with this money i did somthing for myself. I absolutely love my car and freak out wen somone even runs there finger along the paint when its dirty. So im not some idiot hu is just taking advantage of a situation.

Dude, you just strengthened my argument even more. So on top of the other things i said, you KNEW you were getting your whole car repainted in march, and the spots arent even noticable. That is really a low class move bro. You really took advantage of the situation where as you should have been the good samaritan, and let it go. How would you feel if you were in the other persons shoes knowing everything you have stated in this thread. That person could have not given you anything, but instead decided she would be a good person, and rectify what she had done by giving you some money to "FIX" what she fucked up. If she had not been a good person, you wouldnt have gotten shit. That my friend is the definition of taking advantage of the situation.

You really have urked me to no end bro. You have no idea.

Dude, you just strengthened my argument even more. So on top of the other things i said, you KNEW you were getting your whole car repainted in march, and the spots arent even noticable. That is really a low class move bro. You really took advantage of the situation where as you should have been the good samaritan, and let it go. How would you feel if you were in the other persons shoes knowing everything you have stated in this thread. That person could have not given you anything, but instead decided she would be a good person, and rectify what she had done by giving you some money to "FIX" what she fucked up. If she had not been a good person, you wouldnt have gotten shit. That my friend is the definition of taking advantage of the situation.

You really have urked me to no end bro. You have no idea.

werd

This thread went to shit quick. Why does every one feel they need to push off there false sins of morels of on every body else. If the cars paid off then he can do what ever he wants with the $. BUT if he does not fix it and gets in another wreck the $400 will be deducted from the value of the damage. and if the fucked up inshurense company finds the reason of damage or injury to passengers was because of not repairing your vehicle your fucked.

the reason the repairs were so high is because the foam in your bumper must be replaced. You might want to look into repairing this so you don't open your self up to other issue later on down the road.

i could have gone thru her insurance company and got everything repaired but then there is a 400$ deductible plus her insurance goes through the roof. So in the end it worked out better for her. I wasnt just going to say , oooo dont worry about it. My car is fully paid off the bumper didnt even move like the alignment is perfect. I will post a picture today just to prove my point, I think you guys are taking this a little more serios then it needs to be.

Edited by civichatch

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire