Electrical for 7k?

Well im not saying i wanna spend as little as possible. i understand this is very expensive but saving $100 is better than saving none.

I disagree with that. Running 7,000 watts is going to be a little more expensive, and $100 is nothing compared to doing it right and saving your vehicle and equipment. Also, do not work with the impression that 3,000 watts is not a big difference.

You also did not answer the question. What alternator are you running? What are you using for wire? What vehicle? You're running the amps at .5 ohm which only makes it THAT much more important to stiffen the electrical and not cheap out.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any people suggesting electrical setups ever even ran 7,000 watts?

i know a guy thats running one 300amp iraggi with 12 xspower 16v batts.. hes running 10k rms just fine..steady 17.5-18v. Pretty good for one alt.

Seems to be a PRETTY convenient and common response...I know someone/My friend/I've seen...

TRANSLATION:

"No, I have never ran an electrical setup this demanding before."

Is that power clamped? Rise calculated? Even if power was true output, does this person have experience? Probably. Notwithstanding, single or dual alternator setup is not even a factor in question; your insecurity brought that up. My point is how many people have ever even played with a 7,000+ watt setup? I'm going to go out on a limb and say maybe half..shoot, maybe even less. You yourself have decided to give advice on something you've never even done. And if I were the OP I would be wary of such advice.

OP: What alternator are you running? You want to spend as little as possible but want 7,000 watts. Those do not go together.

Well im not saying i wanna spend as little as possible. i understand this is very expensive but saving $100 is better than saving none.

but in this game, not spending that extra 100$ will cost you your car....

i run 7kw daily, on 200a alt from DC power... and i do not recommend just 1 220a alt... and i have 4 kinetik 2400s and a 1400...

I honestly recommend 2 300a alts or around that... even 2 220 a alts would be better

yeah like i said i need a bracket so i can run 2 220 amp alts

hey whats your setup?

lol you quoted your self, you mean mine?

2 DC audio lvl 5 18s, 1 stetsom 7k2d... 200a dc alt, 4 kinetik 2400s, a 1400, tons of 1/0 5 runs of pos, 3 runs of neg... or 2 runs of neg.. lol, grounded 4 times in the back...

i still drop to 10s....

lol didnt mean to quote myself. You ever metered it?

i know a guy thats running one 300amp iraggi with 12 xspower 16v batts.. hes running 10k rms just fine..steady 17.5-18v. Pretty good for one alt.

Seems to be a PRETTY convenient and common response...I know someone/My friend/I've seen...

TRANSLATION:

Is that power clamped? Rise calculated? Even if power was true output, does this person have experience? Probably. Notwithstanding, single or dual alternator setup is not even a factor in question; your insecurity brought that up. My point is how many people have ever even played with a 7,000+ watt setup? I'm going to go out on a limb and say maybe half..shoot, maybe even less. You yourself have decided to give advice on something you've never even done. And if I were the OP I would be wary of such advice.

OP: What alternator are you running? You want to spend as little as possible but want 7,000 watts. Those do not go together.

i run 7kw daily, on 200a alt from DC power... and i do not recommend just 1 220a alt... and i have 4 kinetik 2400s and a 1400...

I honestly recommend 2 300a alts or around that... even 2 220 a alts would be better

hey whats your setup?

2 DC audio lvl 5 18s, 1 stetsom 7k2d... 200a dc alt, 4 kinetik 2400s, a 1400, tons of 1/0 5 runs of pos, 3 runs of neg... or 2 runs of neg.. lol, grounded 4 times in the back...

i still drop to 10s....

did a 155.2 at the headrest on music at 35hz... but i dont do competitions, and dont care for numbers really..

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I disagree with that. Running 7,000 watts is going to be a little more expensive, and $100 is nothing compared to doing it right and saving your vehicle and equipment. Also, do not work with the impression that 3,000 watts is not a big difference.

You also did not answer the question. What alternator are you running? What are you using for wire? What vehicle? You're running the amps at .5 ohm which only makes it THAT much more important to stiffen the electrical and not cheap out.

im hoping to have (2) 220 amp alts. in an s10 with multiple runs of 1/0 wire. and im not gonna cheap out and fry those amps

TRANSLATION:

hey whats your setup?

i still drop to 10s....

did a 155.2 at the headrest on music at 35hz... but i dont do competitions, and dont care for numbers really..

nice. what vehicle?

i cheated my self on electrical i had 4 batteries and a alt dipped low after a month i seen magic smoke and pop corn poppin inside of the amp lol.. it was also a 7K.. although the sundown amps 3ks can take a lot of abuse i would have at least 500amps worth for the amps.

also at .5 daily is a lot of abuse so get that electrical fixed up for sure

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

98 acura integra gs-r, with a type r motor swap, i have the build log in my sig... and a uninterrupted build log that im never in anymore lol

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

i cheated my self on electrical i had 4 batteries and a alt dipped low after a month i seen magic smoke and pop corn poppin inside of the amp lol.. it was also a 7K.. although the sundown amps 3ks can take a lot of abuse i would have at least 500amps worth for the amps.

also at .5 daily is a lot of abuse so get that electrical fixed up for sure

oh yeah i will

that is most likely a no lol

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Archived