Second Skin Audio

Reccomend me two 18s

this is like, your first system... why are you going so huge anyways?

and its not your car that you are putting this in, is it? I thought you said it was your dads truck... or something

honestly.. just start small, you need to understand the kind of electrical you will need to back up that 9k......

you are looking at around 2 grand just for electrical, if you do it right and not be a retard and skimp out on it....

that on top of the 1700$+ amp.... im saying that because thats the general price range for amps that big, because i dont honestly know the price of the DC

then another 1100~ for the subs or so...

so you are looking at close to 5 grand for subs/amp and electrical, not including wiring, head unit.. box materials..

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

We know the cost of everything, money really isn't a problem. It just means we have to save a bit. Been doing it for over 7months, another 5 or 6 months of saving isn't going to kill us :)

Derrick, how do you think 4 upgraded Lv4 15s would do compared to two Lv5 18s

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

We know the cost of everything, money really isn't a problem. It just means we have to save a bit. Been doing it for over 7months, another 5 or 6 months of saving isn't going to kill us :)

Derrick, how do you think 4 upgraded Lv4 15s would do compared to two Lv5 18s

i wouldnt put regular lvl 4s with the lvl 5 coils on a DC 9k.. atleast not even 4 of them, 6 of them i think would be fine that would be right around the RMS a piece...

I like the sound of the lvl 4s better than the XLs and 5s

if you were to run 4 subs, i would do XLs...

6 subs, lvl 4s

2 subs, lvl 5s LOL

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

this is like, your first system... why are you going so huge anyways?

and its not your car that you are putting this in, is it? I thought you said it was your dads truck... or something

honestly.. just start small, you need to understand the kind of electrical you will need to back up that 9k......

you are looking at around 2 grand just for electrical, if you do it right and not be a retard and skimp out on it....

that on top of the 1700$+ amp.... im saying that because thats the general price range for amps that big, because i dont honestly know the price of the DC

then another 1100~ for the subs or so...

so you are looking at close to 5 grand for subs/amp and electrical, not including wiring, head unit.. box materials..

Subs paid for, box materials already bought. Truck is ours. We've had 3 different setups before, just want louder :shrug:

Electrical will be two mechman 270 amp Alts, 2-3 XS D3100 batts, an XS d3400 under the hood, and a good bit of runs of 0 gauge.

Amp will be under 1700$. The most were going is 1200$ on amp. Will most likely do as planned and just get a crescendo bc3500 for each sub, wired at .5 each. Should see about 4000 watts out of each of em at .5 and 14.4v.

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh:

You could buy my freshly reconed level 5s only been in my truck since June 7th carbon caps direct leads reinforced surrounds! I'm thinkin to switching to SMDs also. But if you do go with something besides DC I'd myself run Sundowns like a bunch of SA 12s like 8 to 12 of them if you got the space. I'm gonna switch to less sub and re work my mids and highs til I can afford SMDs or a bunch of 10s/12s

Edit: they were only reconed cuz the basket snapped on one of them and I figured if I'm redoing them might as well upgrade them for when I run more power.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

Could you do the 4 15's and stay with those 2 amps you already have planned?

SOLD

2006 Ford Ranger Single Cab
2 DC XL 15's
2 Crescendo BC2k's
4th Order Blowthrough

CURRENT

2012 Dodge Charger R/T

2 Tantric HD 12's

Ampere 3800

2 XS XP 3000's

Amplifiers can change accordingly to what woofers we decided to run. I could do 2 D2 subwoofers wired to a .5 ohm load on each amp. So 4 D2 woofers wire to a final 1ohm load as planned.

Guys since you are building a system all at once I would really avoid running any amps at half ohm. It is just not a good idea for a daily driver.

In the big picture you will be better off running 1 ohm amps at 1 ohm.

Can you actually give us a positive reason at all to running at .5 ohms?

Current sucking, excessive heat building, almost a dead short .5 ohms. Why do you feel the need to abuse brand new equipment?

I actually want an answer to this because I can't think of any reason what so ever to design a daily system at .5 ohm.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I cannot give you an answer to that question ISO.

Me and my brother have different ideas on amplifier choices. I want to run two BC2000s per woofer at 1ohm each for a 2ohm final load per woofer.

Archived