Sonic Electronix

voltage coming out of your speaker inputs is indeed AC. I cant rememebr but a wall socket is the same thing as like a high power 60 hertz tone.

Exactly!

Depends on the amperage that comes out of the light socket, if you were on a 30 amp breaker (assuming you could get all 30 amps to pass through the speaker without tripping the breaker) at 120v youd have about 3500 watts @ 60hz of pure wall socket enjoyment

edit: 3600 to be exact

...that would depend entirely on the speakers impedance, and impedance rise.

voltage coming out of your speaker inputs is indeed AC. I cant rememebr but a wall socket is the same thing as like a high power 60 hertz tone.

Exactly!

Depends on the amperage that comes out of the light socket, if you were on a 30 amp breaker (assuming you could get all 30 amps to pass through the speaker without tripping the breaker) at 120v youd have about 3500 watts @ 60hz of pure wall socket enjoyment

edit: 3600 to be exact

Not really. ohms law still applies here, so though what you are saying is correct, kinda, it doesn't directly depend on the amperage that comes out of the light socket. Indirectly yes.

Also to anyone who wondered, the signal coming out of a wall socket is usually extremely distorted, so that can help blow the sub as well.

Edit.... TheyDontWantMusic beat me to it

Edited by rusty959