Second Skin Audio

How Is The SQ on These Subs?

Get dimensions before you purchase anything please. I stand by my idea of two 8s :P

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

So far, your all pointing to the JL basically. I will take measurements when he gets home and see what can fit.

And another question... Is woofersetc trustable? Because I've heard yes and no, and the prices are unbelivable.

ive never gone through them i just posted a link of the sub not saying buy this one because its not my money and if it was id go an entirely different route but thats just me i usually go through audiosavings or sonic electronix

Vehicle: 2017 Chevrolet Silverado High Country

Electrical: 320A Singer Alt, (2) Limitless Lithium 15ah, Full Throttle FT680-48

Speakers: Stevens Audio SA 6 (ACTIVE), Audio Designs 3”

Subwoofer: (4) B2 Audio XM 8’s

Amplifiers: (2) B2 Audio Rage 2500.1, (1) B2 Audio Rage 1200.6

Processors: NavTv M650 (integration), Helix DSP Pro MK2

Silverado Build Log

This thread is so full of SQ fail it makes my penis sad. How bout everyone just stop talking about SQ because it seems like only 2 people including me even know what it is.

Damn! :peepwall:

Lolz

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Get dimensions before you purchase anything please. I stand by my idea of two 8s :P

I planned on it. I would never buy something then be like... "Oh shit..."

ive never gone through them i just posted a link of the sub not saying buy this one because its not my money and if it was id go an entirely different route but thats just me i usually go through audiosavings or sonic electronix

I like Sonic Electronix.

This thread is so full of SQ fail it makes my penis sad. How bout everyone just stop talking about SQ because it seems like only 2 people including me even know what it is.

Who whould that other person be?

IDmax is a good sub too. Diamond audio subs have great SQ as well. On par with JL

I think you're looking for a sub that plays low and does well at it. I would probably gear you more towards TC sounds stuff.

and A/B amps on subs does make a difference in SQ. IMO. It even seems louder too with the same power. My best "SQ" setup was a JL 13 on a P500.2(a/B) amp. it was clean and low. Very tight too for a ported setup.

Its all about the install. Not the woofer

I know the install matters, but it also depends on the sub. If you use a WalMart sub, it will never sound good. However, even a novice could make a great sub sound better. So it does sort of depend on the sub.

I always have to step in when someone says walmart subs cause I have 2 sony 12s in a nice box a friend built for me with a kicker kx600.1 and they defenitely sound amazing I hate when people hate on car audio if your a basshead you never hate on anyones system the first day I got this all installed in my everyday driver I was rolling down the street playing some metallica one and my friend literally jumped out of his house to see who was bumping and it was me I stopped and showed him what it was and he was like Holy Fack those sony subs sound just amazing now I would not take them to a bass contest cause I know the numbers would not be great but for my everyday driver they do hit hard and are very loud and have a pretty good sound quality to them now if you want sound quality loudness and something that punches go grab a set of infinity subs I recall someone selling some on the market section I had the same infinity subs on a kicker kx1200.1 and omg did they sound great.

Just wondering, what happens to Korey_Hoofer or w/e the end of his name is? He would be able to help I'm sure.

I've been wondering this as well lol...

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Archived