Sonic Electronix

Anyone run amps rated at 14.4v on 16v batteries?

I just got my XX Maxximus (NOT the XXV model). I have a car so I can't run multiple alternators and what not. I wanted to do either XS Power 14v batteries or 16v batteries to get it to its full potential. Has anyone run these batteries or should I just stick with 12v batteries and 1 220 amp mechman alternator.

2005 Hyundai Elantra

2 DD 3518s

Hifonics XX Maxximus

150.5 @ 57Hz Legal

153.5 Kick

14v batteries charge at 16v and 16v batteries charge at 18v. I'd say stick with the upgraded alt and stick with the 12v XS Power line for your batteries.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

You have to charge the batteries at a higher voltage. Or else it would be the batteries charging the alternator LOL.

Just stick with a bunch of 12v xs batteries and a beefy alt to keep them charged.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

14v batteries charge at 16v and 16v batteries charge at 18v. I'd say stick with the upgraded alt and stick with the 12v XS Power line for your batteries.

for charging purposes I would just use a battery charger. I don't play my system for hours on end I hardly ever play it unless i'm on the meter or someone wants to temporarily deafen themselves.

2005 Hyundai Elantra

2 DD 3518s

Hifonics XX Maxximus

150.5 @ 57Hz Legal

153.5 Kick

Some competitors do that and then charge it later. Thats fine if you arent giving long demos. But why not just go with 12 volts and run more batteries and still have a solid electrical?

are you burping only?

Edited by finkster

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Some competitors do that and then charge it later. Thats fine if you arent giving long demos. But why not just go with 12 volts and run more batteries and still have a solid electrical?

are you burping only?

well I have been doing demos when I had my crappy Power Acoustik 5500. I had a kinetik 2000 wired to my starting battery and a 20 fared cap. But I paid all this money on a amp and I just want to get all of what i paid for. I really want to put up some numbers so I was looking to try 14v or 16v batteries

Edited by Dezzy FN Baybee

2005 Hyundai Elantra

2 DD 3518s

Hifonics XX Maxximus

150.5 @ 57Hz Legal

153.5 Kick

Are you planning on running a 16 volt alternator and then running a step down module?

No I was just going to run the batteries together in the trunk. 6 or 7 batteries directly to the amp

Do us all a favor, and stick with 12V... If you get 16V batteries, and don't get some sort of external regulator, you'll fuck them up. If you do run an external regulator, and think your car will be fine, you'll fuck it up... Best advice I can give you is to READ... Read lots of stuff... Its all right here... Learn and then make your decision...

thanks. I just wanted some opinions. the previous owner said it would take 16v all day long in those exact words. But mike from maxxsonics said its not 16v stable. what about the 14v batteries? still too risky?

2005 Hyundai Elantra

2 DD 3518s

Hifonics XX Maxximus

150.5 @ 57Hz Legal

153.5 Kick

why would you run 12V amps that are rated at 14.4(most of em) to 16V battery which charges at 18volts??

thad would be a suicide to me....i mean for the amps

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X