brother had a kicker cvr 12 in a prefab back in late 07 and i thought it was the coolest shit ever. When i got my truck, i put 2 12s in it and got used to them, then a CVR 15. Well, my brother then got a L7 15 and i had to 1 up him because of my competitive nature, and got 2 cvr 15s. well i wasnt satisfied so i bought a dc level 4 15, then doubled that, then now a lvl 5 18. Basically my brothers fault for me getting addicted.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the technical aspect of it. Everything from voltage drops, to building the box to specific dimensions. The craftsmanship that you can put into everything. I could go on for days on why this drives me. Its an addiction.

Best of Luck and Cheers!

There is a point of diminishing returns on the amount of equipment installed, kinda like throwing money out a window.

i love electronics and installing them but my addiction to car audio is from my uncle (may he rest in peace) he used to pick me up from school and always had his music sounding good and thats where it started and from then on i always wanted bass in my car and have had it in every1 ive owned

Current vehicle

91 Lincoln T.C.

2 18s trunk build coming soon

for now

2-12s ported in trunk

1000 watt kenwood amp

kenwood deck

18 inch rims

always liked the sub sub that my computer had, then when i was older my friend had 4 15's AA chaos in a wall got me addicted

SOLD

2006 Ford Ranger Single Cab
2 DC XL 15's
2 Crescendo BC2k's
4th Order Blowthrough

CURRENT

2012 Dodge Charger R/T

2 Tantric HD 12's

Ampere 3800

2 XS XP 3000's

I never had fast cars, but what I did have was large vehicles with lots of room. I'm not really mechanically minded, but I do enjoy the technical aspect of car Audio and the tinkering and tweaking that can be done.

I also got tired of hearing other people's crappy music over my weak stereo- so one thing lead to another, and on and on it goes.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Music is my escape. It started in highschool. I think it was seeing alma gates bronco that got me. The idea you could build something like that just fascinated the hell out of me. I have other interests but I always seem to come back to her. lol (car audio)

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

my friend rolled up to my house one day with a lil kicker cvr 12 on about 250 watts. i flipped shit from that and was immediately addicted lol. or course i went through that "OMG ALPINE AND JL AUDIO ARE THE BESTTTTT" but now im the go to guy at my school for systems. it has stopped being a hobby and is ore of a lifestyle now. the first thing imma do when i get a new car is measure the trunk.... or mabie the whole backseat area ;)

GeekSquad Lead Autotech

MECP Advanced Certified Installer

2016 Ford Mustang S550

Stock system for now..

Its away to be creative.. I love having scaring people with bass too. lol. When I was 15 my dads freind showed me his 10" JL sub and 400watt amp.. My dad looked at me and said I'll get you something like that someday.. Well long story short he never did lol. I started with a 10" lighting audio sub and I always wanted to go bigger..

Btw this thread was a awesome Idea OP.

-Ross

Project Layla

Truck: 99' F-150

Gathering things for my next build.

SoloX18 build:

http://www.stevemead..._1#entry1576460

RE T-line build:

http://www.stevemead...-between-build/