Sonic Electronix

im looking at putting 1 fi btl 18 on a dc 2k or an aq 2200d. looking at about a 4 cube box tuned to 30 hertz. in an extended cab silveradio. im just wondering because id wanna do a hairtrick on my mom just to freak her out

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There'd be a lot of factors that go into it besides just box size and power. It's definitely possible, but whether or not it's possible in your situation is hard to tell unless you do it and try it

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

12" Kicker SoloX Subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate t20001bd

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head Unit

Build Log

yeah i thought it was 4-8 but its 4.5 to 8 cubes. how would a 5.5 cube box or a 6 cube compare to the 4.5 cube box

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

well how much would the port location and where the sub is on the box have to do with it?

A bigger box would be more efficient at the expense of a broader frequency output if I'm not mistaken

hmm. i think i need to find some single 18 builds and look at how they did their boxes and compare them

Sounds possible but so many factors go into producing acoustic levitation (what allows people to do hair tricks). I read somewhere that you need to have 1/4 of the surface area of the cabin in cone area and appropriate power to do produce acoustic levitation (please chime in if I'm wrong). However, there is a video on this site of a guy doing a pretty nice hairtrick with 1 12" and ~2000rms so I guess that's not always true. lol. Good luck with your hairtrickin :good:

on that amount of power, i'd do 6.5-7 cubes, and i guess theoretically it's possible

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress