Marines, welding cert, school...need options, any suggestions?

Currently I'm 21 years old and work at a factory job. Ive been here going on 9 months and am still with the temp agency. They are basically dicking me around in circles and I simply can't get hired on. I'm making shot money and am doing the brute work while half the factory is getting paid $3+ more an hour. I'm tired of it and am wanting something more. I'm considering school, getting welding certified, looking for a new job, or going for the marines.

I'm looking for opinions, suggestions, and incite on how to start over. People always say 'well ima do this or this'. I want to say it ad do it, just finding the point you can isn't as easy as in te movies.

Edited by tonedeaf

Start applying any place that you may know how to do, or who are willing to train. When i was in that position i found an ice place that was willing to hire me and pay me better than the shit job. Think outside the box, don't over think anything. Keep it simple, this is America and no matter what anyone says there are people hiring.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Start applying any place that you may know how to do, or who are willing to train. When i was in that position i found an ice place that was willing to hire me and pay me better than the shit job. Think outside the box, don't over think anything. Keep it simple, this is America and no matter what anyone says there are people hiring.

Yeah I agree...just trying to make it all fit together is the pain in my ass I guess. Looking at jobs on the marines right now...just not sure what mos I'd pick if I did sign up.

Or be placed in for that matter.

Edited by tonedeaf

i been looking for a job for while now, can't find anything :(

There's a decent amount around here, but theyre mainly factory jobs and I don't want to spend the next 40 years in a factory. I'm thinking y best shot may be the marines, welding, or school...with probably a new job that allows me time for classes.

Honestly, out of those options, I'd go for the welding cert. I'm a fan of short classes for ANY certification. Even if it's something unrelated to a job somewhere later in life, it shows that you're willing to learn. That was one thing I always looked for when hiring at my old job. If you apply to be a mechanic, with no ASE certs, but you have, say, a welding cert, it's gonna make me think you'll have the desire to go get some ASE certs. A lot of places will even pay for your cert classes if they feel you'll succeed and be beneficial to the company. Just my two cents...

Also, joining the Marines (or any branch of the service) is very commendable. :good:

Honestly, out of those options, I'd go for the welding cert. I'm a fan of short classes for ANY certification. Even if it's something unrelated to a job somewhere later in life, it shows that you're willing to learn. That was one thing I always looked for when hiring at my old job. If you apply to be a mechanic, with no ASE certs, but you have, say, a welding cert, it's gonna make me think you'll have the desire to go get some ASE certs. A lot of places will even pay for your cert classes if they feel you'll succeed and be beneficial to the company. Just my two cents...

Also, joining the Marines (or any branch of the service) is very commendable. :good:

Hrmm, thanks for the input man, I really do appreciate it. As for mechanic...I've considered that before, I just don't have enough tools built up really. Welding cert has been an option for a while as I enjoy welding, although I have had very limited experience, and o also know it can pay fairly decent. Money isn't my main concern, but I need to be making more than I do now. Only reason i afford what I do now is with 80+ hours of work if I need it.

I've also considered getting certed as a personal trainer at some point.