MAJOR voltage drop wit a cap

40 hz is not low. 20-30 hertz and lower is low. #2. What does having it to the max mean? Max hu volume? Gain turned all the way up? Both? You are probably clipping like a son of a bitch which Is pulling twice the Power it should be pulling.

Also your battery could be bad. Check it's resting voltage when the car is off at the battery. If it's low 12s or especially 11s your battery is prolly fucked.

Get rid Of the cap and get the biggest battery that fits under the hood. Without the cap should help. Keep your hu no more thn 3/4s max volume and turn your gain down flat or no more than 1/4 turn until you can test it. Also, how is the amp wired? Is it seeing 1 ohm or do you have it wired to .5 or do you even know?

Ok when I say to the max I mean as.loud as I can take without hurting my ears the HU is a 35 and it goes to 40 and when the battery is resting its a 14 volts but when the bass hits I.can watch the numbers drop and the amp gain is less than half way up and its wired to 2 ohms

What size battery do.I get

my guess is its your main battery has lost capacity or has gone bad.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

U have a 14volt battery? Or 12volt battery?

No way a 12v battery can be resting at 14v.

If u do have a 14v battery then u pretty much have a dead batt. Cuz u can't keep it charged.

But anyways its most likely ur battery that's no good.

Go to autozone and get a load test done on ur battery.

That will tell u if its bad.

stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/105505-silvia-first-time-build-kenwood/

If you want it done right:

1-remove the cap

2-buy a high output alt

3-redo the big three with 0g

4-second batt

other things to check:

-your stock alt and batt

-your connections across everything

-check your ground again (factory bolts are not good grounds)

-check the levels on your deck and amp

I think everyone already hit all of that stuff though.

Good luck man.

Also, with your amp wired at 2 ohms, there's no way you're drawing enough power to drop to 9 volts. The cap is probably hurting as well as I bet your battery is fucked. Go to autozone or a local dealer and they'll run a diagnostics test on the battery for free. I'd contact xs to find out the biggest battery that will fit up front and run that. One of those and stock alt and you will be fine on electrical.

For future reference, 'resting' voltage is the voltage of tw battery with the car OFF.

Archived