MAJOR voltage drop wit a cap

Yea I realized that when I posted it haha

But how much would jus removing the cap do? Would it help at all?

As people have said multiple times removing the cap will help. The cap really would only help in a vehicle with a beefy electrical system, not a poor performing electrical system.

But you need to go have the battery tested and the alternator load tested to be sure neither of them are faulty.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Since it sits at 14ish volts with system off and car on, I heavily doubt it's the alt. The battery is jut discharging like a cap would. That or your power wire somewhere is grounding to the car shorting out the battery. You're gonna fuck up that amp if you don't stop dropping voltage that low.

Since it sits at 14ish volts with system off and car on, I heavily doubt it's the alt. The battery is jut discharging like a cap would. That or your power wire somewhere is grounding to the car shorting out the battery. You're gonna fuck up that amp if you don't stop dropping voltage that low.

I think he misunderstood what resting voltage means..

1. you most likely have a bad battery and you dont ned to get an xs power kinetic optima for 1000 watts. to keep it cheap get a good ole duralast battery, you dont need a pricey car audio battery for 1000 watts.

2. make sure the 4 gauge you have is not some k-mart, abc warehouse, cheap 4ga thats actually 8gauge, get a good beefy 4gauge wire and do your big 3 upgrade with a good 0 gauge wire, i like welding cable the best. and if you can run 0 gauge welding wire from the battery to the cap if you are bent on keeping it then 4 gauge to the amp. make sure the cap is SUUPER close to the amp and make sure ALL your grounds or very good. i have had good luck with the strut towers as grounds.

3. make sure all grounds are polished bare metal with an almost mirror finish.

4. check your alt it sounds like its good but if its not just replace it with a regular stock alternator, for 1000 watts you dont need a pricey high output alt a stock should be ok.

so to recap, new duralast battery, good quality wire, good grounds, good working alt

I think he misunderstood what resting voltage means..

I think you misunderstood what I meant. I was telling you his car is sitting at that, so the alt is charging. The battery just doesnt have the will to STAY charged. If the battery is at 14ish volts like it should be and instantly jumps down to 9 with only 700 watts of load, than the alt cant really be the issue (although not saying it might not have problems). I could play my car for quite a while with very little to no voltage drop with that amount of power.

get battery in back... and 50-40 hz aren't the real lows man :rofl:

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

WTF is everyone's issue with using a capacitor....That is NOT the problem...I would advise doing the Big 3 with some quality wire and check your ground ... I have used a cap for the last 6 years with NO problems

If all else fails you could invest into a battery

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

If you want it done right:

1-remove the cap

2-buy a high output alt

3-redo the big three with 0g

4-second batt

other things to check:

-your stock alt and batt

-your connections across everything

-check your ground again (factory bolts are not good grounds)

-check the levels on your deck and amp

I think everyone already hit all of that stuff though.

Good luck man.

If he wants it done right, people like you shouldn't be giving out advice... What are you, 14? Try reading once. The OP has a fucking 1000 watt amp man... Said before he had no issues with having the cap, which means its not the cap... Why the fuck would you suggest a high output alternator for a 1000 watt system? WTF!! I agree with doing the big 3/4 in 1/0 AWG wire... Again, why the fuck would the OP need a second battery? If you don't know what you're talking about, just don't fucking post... Sorry to single you out, but I'm so sick of seeing motherfuckers on here giving out shitty fucking advice. Not having a clue wtf they are doing...

1. you most likely have a bad battery and you dont ned to get an xs power kinetic optima for 1000 watts. to keep it cheap get a good ole duralast battery, you dont need a pricey car audio battery for 1000 watts.

2. make sure the 4 gauge you have is not some k-mart, abc warehouse, cheap 4ga thats actually 8gauge, get a good beefy 4gauge wire and do your big 3 upgrade with a good 0 gauge wire, i like welding cable the best. and if you can run 0 gauge welding wire from the battery to the cap if you are bent on keeping it then 4 gauge to the amp. make sure the cap is SUUPER close to the amp and make sure ALL your grounds or very good. i have had good luck with the strut towers as grounds.

3. make sure all grounds are polished bare metal with an almost mirror finish.

4. check your alt it sounds like its good but if its not just replace it with a regular stock alternator, for 1000 watts you dont need a pricey high output alt a stock should be ok.

so to recap, new duralast battery, good quality wire, good grounds, good working alt

I agree with most everything this guy said, short of polishing the metal to a mirror like shine... You don't need to do that... Lol... Just take it down to bare metal, sandpaper, grinder will work...

Using good wire, he means get something that is AWG standard... And something that is NOT CCA... You want OFC...

^^

:clapping::popcorn:

Archived