MAJOR voltage drop wit a cap

WTF is everyone's issue with using a capacitor....That is NOT the problem...I would advise doing the Big 3 with some quality wire and check your ground ... I have used a cap for the last 6 years with NO problems

If all else fails you could invest into a battery

Is your electrical beefed up at all? I'm not saying their a major strain or anything, but I've seen them drain a 2kish watt system on stock electrical from 13.2 down to 12.8. It's clearly not the issue here as I said, but I wouldn't think it would be helping him. Especially if his battery is bad. Of course if it is bad, none of his system is helping persay. :pardon:

If you want it done right:

1-remove the cap

2-buy a high output alt

3-redo the big three with 0g

4-second batt

other things to check:

-your stock alt and batt

-your connections across everything

-check your ground again (factory bolts are not good grounds)

-check the levels on your deck and amp

I think everyone already hit all of that stuff though.

Good luck man.

If he wants it done right, people like you shouldn't be giving out advice... What are you, 14? Try reading once. The OP has a fucking 1000 watt amp man... Said before he had no issues with having the cap, which means its not the cap... Why the fuck would you suggest a high output alternator for a 1000 watt system? WTF!! I agree with doing the big 3/4 in 1/0 AWG wire... Again, why the fuck would the OP need a second battery? If you don't know what you're talking about, just don't fucking post... Sorry to single you out, but I'm so sick of seeing motherfuckers on here giving out shitty fucking advice. Not having a clue wtf they are doing...

1. you most likely have a bad battery and you dont ned to get an xs power kinetic optima for 1000 watts. to keep it cheap get a good ole duralast battery, you dont need a pricey car audio battery for 1000 watts.

2. make sure the 4 gauge you have is not some k-mart, abc warehouse, cheap 4ga thats actually 8gauge, get a good beefy 4gauge wire and do your big 3 upgrade with a good 0 gauge wire, i like welding cable the best. and if you can run 0 gauge welding wire from the battery to the cap if you are bent on keeping it then 4 gauge to the amp. make sure the cap is SUUPER close to the amp and make sure ALL your grounds or very good. i have had good luck with the strut towers as grounds.

3. make sure all grounds are polished bare metal with an almost mirror finish.

4. check your alt it sounds like its good but if its not just replace it with a regular stock alternator, for 1000 watts you dont need a pricey high output alt a stock should be ok.

so to recap, new duralast battery, good quality wire, good grounds, good working alt

I agree with most everything this guy said, short of polishing the metal to a mirror like shine... You don't need to do that... Lol... Just take it down to bare metal, sandpaper, grinder will work...

Using good wire, he means get something that is AWG standard... And something that is NOT CCA... You want OFC...

You dont need to be an asshole.

I dont give a fuck how many watts you have, if your having voltage drop, a HO alt and second battery WILL help.

Thats the way it should be done. And you cant deny that. I never said it wasnt a bad stock battery, Im sure it is. But why not get a REAL electrical system? And how do you know he wont want to upgrade and then all that shit is already done?

Oh yeah, and you DONT fucking know me, or what I do everyday. I know what the fuck I am doing and this may not be the best advice for him, but its the right fucking way to do it.

And Im tired of seeing assholes like you who think there better than everyone else. So insted of acting like a cunt to people, why dont you just post your disagreement respectfully.

^^^^ he asked for a cheap way because he just had a kid..........gives me the impression hes not going to want to spend the money it takes to beef up his electrical

Ok, so then dude could have just said that insted of going bitch mode at me.

My bad for trying to steer him in the right direction, just because he doesnt have the money now, doesnt mean he wont some day or wont want to know a good way to do it. (This isnt meant to sound rude or like Im snapping at you or anything).

^^^^ he asked for a cheap way because he just had a kid..........gives me the impression hes not going to want to spend the money it takes to beef up his electrical

My bad for trying to steer him in the right direction, just because he doesnt have the money now, doesnt mean he wont some day or wont want to know a good way to do it. (This isnt meant to sound rude or like Im snapping at you or anything).

Dude, it's 1000 watts. Unless you are driving a complete shitbox (in which case, good luck finding a good alt) you don't reallyneed a high output alt. At worst he would be looking at adding a battery.

And the system has been installed for several months before the issue cropped up. It isn't an issue of too much power. There is an issue somewhere. The problem is diagnosis and solving it.

And I can't blame him for bitching at you. There has been a shit ton of misinformation being given on here. And as stupid and noobish as I am, I've had to correct people. There is a serious issue here.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Dude, it's 1000 watts. Unless you are driving a complete shitbox (in which case, good luck finding a good alt) you don't reallyneed a high output alt. At worst he would be looking at adding a battery.

And the system has been installed for several months before the issue cropped up. It isn't an issue of too much power. There is an issue somewhere. The problem is diagnosis and solving it.

And I can't blame him for bitching at you. There has been a shit ton of misinformation being given on here. And as stupid and noobish as I am, I've had to correct people. There is a serious issue here.

Im just saying though, why would you add another battery if the alt he has cant even keep up with that one?

And if its been installed for months, he is having something go bad. So whats gonna stop it from doing it again.....better stuff.

Im just giving some advice, people dont have to use it AND if they disagree with what I have to say, they could nicely say why they disagree insted of being a fuckface about it.

Well here's the outcome...I asked my friend if we could switch.batterys to see if that was the problem..it was it didn't cut off at all and the car wasnt on so I traded my ipod for his battery lol

He HAD a optimal yellow top now I have one lol

But I removed the cap for a day and that didn't help,it still cut off

Im just saying though, why would you add another battery if the alt he has cant even keep up with that one?

for the same reason you have a battery in the first place. Reserve capacity. You turn down the music, let the batteries charge back up, and carry on. Is it an ideal situation? Not really. But it's effective.

And if its been installed for months, he is having something go bad. So whats gonna stop it from doing it again.....better stuff.

or just stuff that hasn't seen hundreds/thousands of hours of use. How long did it take for this battery/alt to fail? Would the extra $300 it would take to get a ho alt/big ass battery bank really be worth it?

Im just giving some advice, people dont have to use it AND if they disagree with what I have to say, they could nicely say why they disagree insted of being a fuckface about it.

or you could stop providing bad info. I'm not saying boiler couldn't have said what he did in a more civil fashion. But it's an effective way of getting people that don't know what they are talking about to stop handing out bad info to people.

he thing about a forum is people who are moderately knowlegeablehave a tendency to answer questions less experienced users aak. If this is a user that doesn't know any better, you have just cost him over 1000 for absolutely no reason.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

for the same reason you have a battery in the first place. Reserve capacity. You turn down the music, let the batteries charge back up, and carry on. Is it an ideal situation? Not really. But it's effective.

or just stuff that hasn't seen hundreds/thousands of hours of use. How long did it take for this battery/alt to fail? Would the extra $300 it would take to get a ho alt/big ass battery bank really be worth it?

or you could stop providing bad info. I'm not saying boiler couldn't have said what he did in a more civil fashion. But it's an effective way of getting people that don't know what they are talking about to stop handing out bad info to people.

he thing about a forum is people who are moderately knowlegeablehave a tendency to answer questions less experienced users aak. If this is a user that doesn't know any better, you have just cost him over 1000 for absolutely no reason.

Again, HE DOESNT HAVE TO USE MY ADVICE. Its still the right way to do it and again, IT MAY NOT BE IDEAL FOR WHAT HE NEEDS RIGHT THIS MINUTE but its still something to think about if he is going to keep upgrading his system.

I literally said "I never said it wasnt a bad stock battery, Im sure it is." so dont fucking come at me like that bro. Also, I never said my advice was the only way to do it, or that you needed to do all of those things. They were just fucking ideas.

Oh yeah, and if you have to turn down the music to let both batteries charge....isnt it putting MORE strain on the alt? Yeah.

Archived