07 Accent [Builds Dead, Car Was Sold]

Sup guys. I got my 2007 Hyundai Accent, and after a year of owning it it has come time for me to do some things. A lot of work has been done to this car... all mainly by myself which im proud to say!!! Most of the work is already done but any suggestions is really appreciated. Im getting ready for my biggest update so stay tuned for that

Check out my new build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166071-13-kia-forte-box-build-started/

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so here is a couple of pics of my car before i started anything

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

First Mod definitely transformed my car

IMG_1164.jpg

Then i got some seat covers... you know i gotta keeps the stock fabric material clean!

IMG_1165.jpg

Then installed a Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD

IMG_1166.jpg

Keeping the stock speakers and adding an Alpine Type R 12" (emergency bag FTW!)

IMG_1168.jpg

MTX Jackhammer JH600 for the Type R

IMG_1167.jpg

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Nice car actually, i´ve worked with a couple of accents before but they were trunk cars, where are you from?? didn´t know that model even exists, accent couple it´s a very lou car, don´t know about that hatchback model, keep the pics coming :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Then i went ahead and made some eyelids for my car... Pretty simple yet effective

IMG_1204.jpg

Made a paper template

IMG_1203.jpg

Final Product, I used CF vinyl wrap with 3M backing

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

With left over CF wrap i decided to do the door pillars and gas cap

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

Then on to de-badging her

Before

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

After

IMG_1221.jpg

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

Nice car actually, i´ve worked with a couple of accents before but they were trunk cars, where are you from?? didn´t know that model even exists, accent couple it´s a very lou car, don´t know about that hatchback model, keep the pics coming :)

Thanks! They only made this car 2006-2011 so mine is rare... haha not. This is actually a pretty popular car in Canada. I got some more pics on the way so stay tuned!

Yeah it doesnt take much to get this baby loud! But i'm trying to get her louder haha

I've got a pretty much brand new system now. Still gotta upload the pics tho

I'm in the Bay Area, California

Thanks for looking

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

Then i decided to shorten the antennae for a cleaner sportier look.. but if you like to listen to your radio a lot i don't recommend this

IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

Also took the hubcaps off, so a side pic of the car

IMG_1265.jpg

Got an intake!

IMG_1227.jpg

Installed

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

Decided to change out my reverse lights with some nice LED's

Before

IMG_1283.jpg

1 LED 1 Regular

IMG_1284.jpg

Both LED

IMG_1285.jpg

Closeup

IMG_1286.jpg

I decided to then tint my tail lights. I never did this, so it was kind of a fail

IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

They turned out to be really really dark, and i got some on my trunk lid that pisses me off haha so i sanded them off and i would put on a lighter coat this time

IMG_1319.jpg

Comparison of no tint vs. my new couple layers instead of a gazillion layers haha

IMG_1322.jpg

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

Then it was time for me to tackle the mids and highs of my car. Ever since installing the Pioneer double din my stock speakers went to crap! I would turn it to maybe 12 and then the speakers got all crackly and played very low, like they were all blown! Also the Alpine would just drown it out... So without having too much cash i figured replacing the stock speakers with cheap ones would be better than nothing. I had to do something! So with no experience in any of this i tackled the door panels, a couple of broken plastic clips later and its off!!!

IMG_1383.jpg

Stock speaker location is 6.5

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

I got me the cheapest brand name speakers haha some kenwood for like 20ish bucks. I dont recommend them... Yes they were louder than stock but for some reason that little tin foil thing in the middle would catch something and make a noise that was very annoying (like someone would snap their fingers in the song haha)!!!!

IMG_1387.jpg

Also replaced the rears with some Rockford Fosgate prime 6x8 ($50ish) and i had no complaints for those. Unfortunately no pics of the install cuz it was such a PITA i forgot.

Also got some Power Acoutik Tweeters for $10 and they were harsh as fuuuccckkk! I had to turn them all the way down on the EQ so they basically werent even there. Never getting a metal tweeter again haha.

So all in all this little upgrade was able to keep me satisfied for like a month or two.. It was able to play louder which was cool, but then the sub was still too powerful! So instead of turning my sub i saved my monies to do a real upgrade! But first i wanted to get some fog lights!

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

Nice...not a fan of all the carbon fiber stuff...its just a lil too much I think...it definetly looks better than stock though without a doubt...keep up the good work!

Yeah i have taken the gas cap off... looked like a mole haha The door pillars are very subtle which i like. Its kinda a double take kinda thing. And the eyelids i think are ehh. I like them more at night giving them that mean look, but durning the day its whatevs haha

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

So after researching some fog light options, i was looking at oem ones and they were like 50 a pop and i was like ehh Eff that. Then i looked at the projector ones at TRS and i almost got them but still jus too pricey, and after much thought i came to the conclusion that i dont functionally need the fog lights, i just wanted them for their looks. So after looking at a couple of options i decided to go with the LED strip where the fog lights would go.

The black part is where the oem fogs fill

IMG_1434.jpg

Closeup of the fog light spot

IMG_1435.jpg

Then i bought some external LED strips

e09b55a6.jpg

ed83cd7f.jpg

Day shots

DRLangle.jpg

DRLFront.jpg

Night Shots

nightdrlfront.jpg

nightdrlall.jpg

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

Archived