07 Accent [Builds Dead, Car Was Sold]

I'm still waiting on an amp for the 2 Alpine type R. It should be here friday if everything goes according to plan.

Now most things to my car hasn't really been a build... But i want to change that in the up coming month.

I'd like to build my own box (need some help from you guys) and i'd also like to glass my amps into the side panels there in the back (also barely got a clue on how to do this). And the electrical thing still boggles my mind... Idk what gauge wire to get, batteries, H/O alt all that good stuff. So i really need some advice and a few pointers so i can get the building part of this build on the road! Thanks to all who looks and the advice.

good job on the build so far. im not really a fan of the ricey upgrades but to each his own. to learn more about fiberglassing just check out the fiberglass section here and youll learn a lot. for the electrical youll be good with just a run of around 0 gauge from the front to the back.(it might not have to be 0 gauge but im just guessing because i dont know what amp youre going to use.) you wont need a high output alternator for this little power. and for a battery its not required but you would get a little more output from your system with an upgraded battery. also it would help to do your big 3

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still waiting on an amp for the 2 Alpine type R. It should be here friday if everything goes according to plan.

Now most things to my car hasn't really been a build... But i want to change that in the up coming month.

I'd like to build my own box (need some help from you guys) and i'd also like to glass my amps into the side panels there in the back (also barely got a clue on how to do this). And the electrical thing still boggles my mind... Idk what gauge wire to get, batteries, H/O alt all that good stuff. So i really need some advice and a few pointers so i can get the building part of this build on the road! Thanks to all who looks and the advice.

good job on the build so far. im not really a fan of the ricey upgrades but to each his own. to learn more about fiberglassing just check out the fiberglass section here and youll learn a lot. for the electrical youll be good with just a run of around 0 gauge from the front to the back.(it might not have to be 0 gauge but im just guessing because i dont know what amp youre going to use.) you wont need a high output alternator for this little power. and for a battery its not required but you would get a little more output from your system with an upgraded battery. also it would help to do your big 3

Ok cool thanks bro! I'm going to get this amp for the subs http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_23875_MB-Quart-ONX1.1500D.html

I hear that i probably wont need the 0 gauge. I have my 4 gauge monster wire which should be good enough. I'm going to have 4 gauge in a dist. block and then have 4 gauge out.

I'm slowly getting help on the box and ive been reading up on fiber glassing.

As for the ricer upgrades... its a korean car! what else can i do lol. But i did not choose to get this car :(

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

yeah 4 gauge would work for you. its not optimal but its still fine. how do you like that mb quart onyx amp for the mids and highs? i was think about either getting the onx4.80 or the q4.80

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

yeah 4 gauge would work for you. its not optimal but its still fine. how do you like that mb quart onyx amp for the mids and highs? i was think about either getting the onx4.80 or the q4.80

I think i might just roll with the 4 gauge right now... but when i build my box i'll upgrade to 0 gauge and deaden everything.

i like the onx cuz its new and pretty to look at.. Although the one i got is huge. but i cant complain at all. it performs really well. nothing bad has happened in the 2 months of me playing it hard everyday! It really lets my alpine type r components come to life i think. and for the price.. i think it was a great deal!

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Got a little present from UPS

b143d399.jpg

959c5e60.jpg

35ef85ed.jpg

73366f1d.jpg

Hopefully will have time to hook her up tomorrow so we can bang all day ;)

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

alright gentlemen she is hooked up and some pics for now videos later

So this is my ground

be9e3040.jpg

closer

5670695a.jpg

closest!

c70b9af0.jpg

Heres the power dist. block. Now this one is 1 4 gauge in and 4 8 gauge out

21fc5f16.jpg

So to make my 4 gauge fit in the 8 gauge holes... i split it and covered the exposed wire with electrical tape

1b150da4.jpg

overall pic (blurry sorry haha)

e176b315.jpg

new amp on box

fffb3de5.jpg

1349accc.jpg

49fa528f.jpg

Who needs lowering springs or coilovers when you got subs! Sorry no before pics but you can compare to the front tires

rear tire

2240da74.jpg

front tire

780f7925.jpg

overall

a4d7046c.jpg

will get some vids soon!

Enjoy haha

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

Alright heres a video for you guys... Any constructive criticism and advice would be greatly appreciated!

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

it all looks pretty good accept for mounting the amps on the box and splitting the power wire (for obvious reasons), but overall it's coming together nicely.

it all looks pretty good accept for mounting the amps on the box and splitting the power wire (for obvious reasons), but overall it's coming together nicely.

Whats wrong with mounting them on the box lol

I have like no room so its the only place i could think of haha. Do you have any ideas?

Yeah i want to go ahead and get some 0 gauge from the front to the back and split it to 4 gauge. Also will be making my first box... still getting some numbers tweaked tho

thanks for the comment :good:

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

it's not the worst thing you can do if you absolutely have to cuz of limited space, but over time the vibrating can mess with the internals of the amps. if you can i'd try mounting them on the back of the seats or vertically on either side of the trunk.

EDIT: doesn't have to be vertical, just thought it would work better in your situation

Archived