2009 Honda Fit 30+MPG & Bass, Sundown, Skar, Pioneer, XS Power!

Here is the log for my install in my 2009 Honda fit, goes through all the install except detailed pics of the headunit install. Some of this was written as a guide for other fit owners so it may seem weird, just wanted to detail the doors and such so that other fit owners would know what to expect.
Here is a picture of the headunit and DMM I put in the dash.
9887dmm2.jpg
Here are a couple pictures of the power wire.
This is directly above the gas pedal area.
s1.jpg
And here is a picture of it in the engine bay.
s2.jpg
Here is a picture of under the dash as it comes down.
s5.jpg
Then ran it down the driver side of the car towards the hatch area.
s3.jpg
Heres a couple more shots of the power wire.
s9.jpg
s8.jpg
This was only what I had on hand for power wire, I am working on getting some 0AWG after completing my BIG 3 which is happening this week, as I am picking up my Shuriken BT35 battery today.
I then ran my RCA's, speaker leads and remote lead down the center of the car.
s6.jpg
s7.jpg
I also laid down a layer of Dynamat Extreme Liner, this was left over from my wife's SQ stash, this stuff is heavy as it has a layer of lead in it.
Here is the breaker just after putting it in and sealing the screw that it mounts with.
s13.jpg
Next the same area with the cable.
s12.jpg
Here it is all tightened up.
s10.jpg
An upper view of the breaker.
s15.jpg
And finally, the sub amp mounted and the mids and highs amp is on the other seat back in the picture below the sub amp picture. I retained use of my cars child seat features by mounting the amp high enough to clear the bracket.
sundownamp.jpg
sa12-22.jpg
Door Removal, First is this panel it simply prys off, just be careful it is very flexible so it shouldn't tear or break on you.
s24.jpg
Next here is the door panel with that piece removed exposing the wires for locks/windows and the holding screw.
s23.jpg
Now other than the snap in pins around the door panel this is the only screw holding it to the door itself.
s22.jpg
Next we have the wiring harness for the locks/windows, its a standard push tab clip type of harness.
s19.jpg
After that you only have the door pull itself which is held in by one screw.
s21.jpg
After you remove this screw you pass the entire door pull through the door panel you can leave it hanging while doing the speaker install.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

s20.jpg

You can then pop the panel off the door and you will expose the factory speaker.

s18.jpg

It takes one philips screw to remove to get it out, you then lift up as the speakers body plastic holds it in with groves.

s29.jpg

After that you unsnap the speaker wire clip, and remove the speaker exposing the hole in the door.

s28.jpg

Most speakers will need the metal bent inward slightly to allow them to pass if they have a big magnet structure like mine do shown here.

s27.jpg

Above you can also see the mounting ring this is to make sure the speaker doesn't hit the glass of the window when rolled down. To remove the stock tweeter, you only need either a small flat head screw driver or a 90degree angle pick tool, once popped out it looks like this.

s26.jpg

Then I mounted my JBL tweeter to the stock mount with some 5min epoxy , this will hold just fine as the tweeter is very light and doesn't need a ton of support.

s25.jpg

Overall again the doors where very easy to install, the tweeters where a snap and the only hard part was running the wire through the door into the cabin for the midbass. This was done with a metal coat hanger and a lot of pushing, careful I put a small bend at the end of the coat hanger so it cannot cut open any of the other wiring.

We start off with what the coat hanger looks like before running the wire, again put a bend at the tip so as to not have the coat hanger catch and cut other wires in the bundle. Also you want to tape down about 3-4 inches cause the wire will probably slide a little but it should hold.

s36.jpg

Now lets look at the rubber tube the wires run through in the door after being removed at each end.

s30.jpg

And finally lets take a look at the wire just after ran through the tube, I found that it was much easier due to the shape of this tube to run the wire from the top down.

s35.jpg

The wire then goes into the cabin, lets see how that looks from the passenger side.

s34.jpg

After getting all that done, I got to building my enclosure, I originally started off with a single SA 12, then added a second. The box is 4cuft after displacement of the subs and ports, the ports are 4” aeros 12” long.

saaero3.jpg

And here is the box in the hatch.

aero12s.jpg

Needless to say I am very happy with the sound, the SPL and the movement going on in the car, I simply need to finish my BIG 3 happening this week, then get some 0AWG for power and ground and finally order more black stretch form to cover my box. Here are a few vids of the car.

Thanks here is the photos of the box being built.

aero4.jpg

aero5.jpg

aero6.jpg

aero7.jpg

aero8.jpg

aero9.jpg

aero10.jpg

aero11.jpg

rofl

Many youngins may not know this name but I do. Good to see you here Chris and that box came out good!

:ninja:

Hehe, yeah box is good just gotta carpet it now. Oh and why haven't you sent me more pics of yours, slacker!

rofl

Many youngins may not know this name but I do. Good to see you here Chris and that box came out good!

:ninja:

???

What component set did you use?

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

JBL C608GTI MKII, older top end JBL set you can still sometimes find on ebay brand new, and I love the midbass output of them.

Big 3 completed, 4awg ground with a secondary 4awg power from the alternator to the new Shuriken BT35 battery. The positive terminal requires a bit of work still I fabbed up a temporary bracket till I can get to the store and buy something to make a bus bar type connection.

big3-1.jpg

big3-2.jpg

And I do plan on cleaning up the area around the battery as far as wiring goes, just wanted to get the new battery and wire in yes at 5am insomnia sucks :( .

Archived